Chapter Two (Part Two)

“OH MY GOD Skylar! Your pants are ripped!”

Now when someone says bad habit, the first thing that usually comes to mind is: biting your nails, or stuttering. In my case, it happens to be my outrageous desire to say what I’m thinking out loud. It would be a lie if I said this was the first time.

Building up my courage, I hesitantly peered at Skylar.

His jaw was visibly tensed, hands clenched by his side. Anger evident in his eyes as he glared at me with pure hatred, almost as if he was shooting daggers through them. His not long ago charming appeal had turned into an unpleasant glower.

Panic began to bubble inside of me and I shivered slightly, as I knew the consequences I soon would resent.

“I-I’m sorry, I can sew it up for you.”

In my pathetic attempt to make amends, I started to reach towards his pants where the ripped fabric hung.

Just then I realized where exactly the rip was, and I whipped my hand back.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!”

Skylar spat vehemently, his face turning a deep hue of red and I flinched in surprise.

A little melodramatic, are we now.

I mentally rolled my eyes and wiped the saliva that was now currently blurring my vision through my glasses.

God is that a mouth or a freaking shower head?

Laughter erupted in the small groups of two or three that were gathered around us and I looked around frantically.

Please don’t say I said that out loud, please don’t say I said that out loud. I closed my eyes and chanted hopefully.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

That was all the humiliation Skylar could take and the next thing I knew, he lashed out on me in a fit of rage.

Taking a few steps away from him, my back met the cool brick wall. Taking in my surroundings hastily, my eyes widened. I was cornered!

“Do you know who I am? I can buy the world you live in. How dare you embarrass me? You are going to be in a world of hurt -”, Skylar continued to bawl, but my eyes had found a new interest.

His shoe lace was untied.

A light bulb went off in my head and I rolled my lips inside my mouth, trying to keep my face neutral so I wouldn’t give away my recent discovery.

I knew what I had to do to save my ass.

Slowly and discreetly I moved my foot towards his lace and pushed it closer to him. I tried to maintain eye contact while I tucked it under his shoe.

Satisfied with my work, I looked back up towards Skylar, who was rambling on about something to do with Obama.

I smiled sweetly at him, and he froze for a moment.

“What the hell are you smiling at? Do I look like a monkey to you?” His accent thick, and voice seething.

“Oh you know, I was just thinking how much you look like that hobo I passed by this morning”, I shrugged my shoulders.

“-and you smell like him too”, I wrinkled my nose, just to add an effect.

This was a complete lie of course. Skylar smelled delightful, a scent that couldn’t be described, a smell that you could distinguish amongst a thousand other scents. One that your senses crave, but I wasn’t going to tell him that. It’s like adding wood to a fire, only going to increase his ample ego.