Chapter 5 - V1

The relaxed atmosphere gradually shifted in an unexpected direction. It was an electrifying change in mood.

I couldn't control myself from glaring at him for taking away the soft and happy atmosphere we just had. Seriously, I was enjoying my time here talking.

As the student body quieted down from the extreme presence this dude had, our eyes met and I see him raising one eyebrow in surprise.

Huh? Did he perhaps, know me from the past? Nope, impossible. But... oh.... Horikita... he was staring at Horikita.

Suddenly, he spoke, not needing a microphone to carry his strong voice throughout the auditorium;

"My name is Horikita Manabu, and I am the student council president.

Horikita? I looked at Horikita next to me. A cousin, or a brother perhaps? Abusive? "The student council is also looking for a first-year to replace a graduating third-year. There are no strict requirements to apply for the position, but those who are interested should not be affiliated with any other clubs. Generally, we do not accept any candidate involved in other clubs."His tone was soft, but the mood was still tense. He alone silenced the whole gym. Of course, it wasn't his position as the student council president that gave him that power. Horikita Manabu also carried a powerful aura. His presence dominated the whole gym.

Well.. not the whole gym.... we still have this 10 meter diameter to ourselves after all.

"That was what I was about to say, but it seems like I've already found my candidate, so I would appreciate it if all first years who planned on applying to stop their plans. That is all."

Suddenly, he jumped off of the stage, landing a few meters away from it, and started running to our direction. Whoa! Whoa! Wait a minute! If you have a problem with the girl beside me, at least do it without all the eyes and ears of the first year batch, okay?

He was fast, it wasn't even a few seconds before he was near us, his hand intent on grabbing Horikita's wrist.

Sigh... How troublesome.

A single glance towards all classes and I could see many, if not all, were still silenced by Manabu's presence... Looks like I have no choice... I still want a peaceful life, but I wouldn't trade it for the first friend? I got.

I glance to my left and see Horikita frozen in place.... you know karate, right? At least take a stance or something.

Before Manabu could get her wrist, I stopped it with my right hand by holding his wrist.

"What's up with that? Horikita, you know karate right? pick a stance or something." I growled.

"Interesting...."

"Ayanokouji-kun... stop. Please...." I never heard her tone like that. Where was the head strong girl I first met? What could this guy have done for her to be so scared like this? Looks like I'm all alone in handling this dude.

"You really were gonna slam her in the wall, weren't you? She might have been injured."

"This is a family matter, do not interfere."

"Fine, let go, then."

"That's my line."

The atmosphere became ten times as tense than it was before. Students from all classes were confused as to why the current President of the school was trying to pin down the so called "Ice Queen" of their batch.

"Ayanokouji-kun.. please...."

Seeing her like this.... ughh.. fine...

I let Manabu's wrist go, only to suddenly see him prepare a backhanded slam. Really? Are we really doing this? In front of the whole batch?