𝙊𝙣𝙚

Jennie

Jennie looked around her, inspecting every single detail. She had been there for ten minutes already, a few cops were with her to inspect the scene. From what she knew, someone had broken into the apartment while the owner was asleep, stolen a few items (that were worth more than the brunette's salary), and had tried breaking into his safe too, to no avail, before running away through the front door. 

There seemed to be no clues at all, the thief had left no trace of their visit. Even the CCTV cameras that the owner of the apartment had installed didn't record anything at all, which made Jennie sigh. This might be more complicated than she had thought at first.

There was one thing left to do, talk to the victim. He had already told her partner a few things, but she had to know more. She looked for him around the room before finding him, sitting in his dining room, sulking, as if he had lost someone. Jennie scoffed at the sight. She hated rich people.

She slowly made her way to him, putting on a sympathetic face. She had to be gentle, it was her job.

"Alright, sir..." She started and he immediately looked up.

"Yang." He finished for her and Jennie smiled politely.

"Yang." She nodded, "Can I ask you a few questions?" She asked, to which he only nodded. Jennie didn't wait a second more before sitting down in front of him, ready to start. "Do you remember anything at all from last night? What you were doing, if you were with someone, did you leave your apartment at all?" She already knew what he would answer, but tried anyway. 

The man only shook his head, "I already told your colleague, I don't remember a thing." He sighed, clearly annoyed.

"I know." Jennie answered, her voice soft, "But I really need you to try. What's the last thing you remember doing?"

"I, uh..." He paused for a few seconds, furrowing his eyebrows, "I worked all day long, came home at the same time as almost every day, around eight." Jennie nodded, taking note of everything he said. "Then I went out to a bar near here, I always go there after long days at work. I was waiting for uh, a woman I had a date with." He sounded hesitant, which Jennie immediately noticed.

"Did she come?"

"I don't remember." His voice was stern. "After that, I just remember waking up this morning with a headache, in my bed, the front door was open and the thief already stole my stuff, like I told you."

She shook her head, there was something off, something he wasn't telling her. "Try to focus, surely you can remember if your date came." Jennie tried to insist. The man had most probably been drugged, or highly intoxicated at least, but there was no way his very last memory was waiting for someone in a bar.

"This feels like you're interrogating me, do I need the remind you I'm the victim here?!" He exclaimed, glaring at the brunette who widened her eyes in disbelief.

"Of course not, I'm just doing my job." She explained calmly, "The woman you were waiting for, who was she? How did you meet her? Was it your first date?" She tried to change the subject quickly, knowing not to annoy this kind of person. She had to solve the case quickly, and she had to have the victim on her side for that.

He sighed deeply before looking into her eyes, "I didn't know her before, I met her... um... on a dating app." He gulped, diverting Jennie's gaze.