𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

/!\ TW
This chapter includes description of child abuse, and murder (this time fully described),
basically, if you don't think you can handle reading this... don't, please stay safe.
You can read the beginning until you see this '/!\ tw' again, and I'll put a note at the end of this chapter that'll explain (with no details) what happened in it so you guys can skip this chapter but still follow the story if you want.
That's about it, enjoy :)

Jennie

A shiver ran down Jennie's spine as she took in the sight before her.

The apartment they were in was wide, only lit up by the sun that was slowly starting to set, tinting everything a faint golden color. It barely furnished, yet everything in it screamed wealth, which didn't surprise the woman the slightest. After all, she was getting used to such luxury, Rosé never settled for less. Soft, Jazz music was playing, and a single red rose was standing on a table in the middle of the room. The only touch of color in a grey themed room.

And... there was a man tied up on a chair beside the table, his eyes wide in fear. He was most probably around forty, maybe fifty, just like all of the other victims, and realization quickly hit the brunette.

Rosé was about to murder him.

Jennie had never witnessed anything like that before. She had seen dead bodies more often than she wished she had ; it was part of her job after all, and... she had seen those of the men Rosé had killed, too. She knew perfectly how bad the woman was. Jennie had helped her before, and was doing it again, so she probably shouldn't be so surprised.

But there she was, finally. Rosé trusted her, enough to let her witness such a thing, and Jennie didn't know how to feel about this at all.

She was terrified, obviously. But, to her surprise, the fear of witnessing an actual murder was nothing in comparison of the fear of herself and what she had become. Jennie was excited to see it.

That was it. She had gone mad.

Still, anxiety was bubbling inside her chest, and she knew her body betrayed it. Would she be able to handle it? Was she strong enough?

Eventually, curiosity got the best of her. "W-what are we doing here?" Jennie asked, hands slightly shaking as her gaze remained stuck on him. She heard Rosé chuckle beside her and her heart jumped at the sound.

"Paying an old friend of mine a visit." She answered, her hand falling on the small of Jennie's back, and the detective could swear her skin warmed up at the contact. It was as if her touch eased her and lit her a fire within her all at the same time.

And for a short moment, Jennie didn't care about anything but Rosé anymore, the man tied up before them completely forgotten, and she despairingly wanted everything the woman could offer.

When she understood that the brunette wouldn't answer, the woman gently led her in the room, closer to the man who was still struggling with his restraints, bringing Jennie out of her daze. He was eyeing the two women with fear in his gaze. She couldn't help but wonder what he had done to be there.

Rosé only seemed to go after those who deserved it, who had abused her in some way. If that was true, and that man had hurt her, the brunette was glad he was sitting there and not running free. She knew Rosé was going to make sure he would pay for what he had done, and the thought somehow comforted her.

They were doing a good thing. Most people would just not understand, but Jennie did now. She finally did.

"Isn't it a beautiful sight?" Rosé spoke up, her voice still as sultry as ever, before she sighed in contentment.