Big Time Audition (3)

The 5 of us go back to the Palmwoods as the boys sit sadly in their pool chairs. I sat on the edge of a pool chair.

"I am so depressed." Carlos said.

"It's the music." I say as Kendall asks the Guitar dude to change the music.

"I'm really sorry guys." I say. I look down not really knowing what to say to them.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Ivy, and we are sorry for not letting you get in your dance practice." Logan adds.

"It's ok, I'm not much of a dancer anyway." I joke trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, I bet your rehearsal went a lot better than ours." Carlos says.

I pause for a moment.

"I-I I HATE THE SONG." I say, taking a sigh of relief.

"Wait really?" They ask me.

"Yes, Dude the song is literally called Boy Crazy. I-" I place my face in my hands.

"Yikes." They say.

"I know. I just- ughhh" I sigh in frustration.

Kendall puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Why don't you tell him that you don't like the song?" Logan says.

"It's complicated. This has always been a dream of mine." I say.

"To be a popstar?" Kendall asks.

"To make music, my music. I want to make people happy." I stood up. "I always hoped that one day people would sing and dance along to my songs." I smile.

The boys stared at me in awe. I laugh nervously before sitting back down.

Just then Katie walked over to us.

She asked how our day was working with Gustavo.

"We had creative differences." Kendall told her.

"Oh, yea. He wanted to make us famous, how bad."

"He wanted to make us his trained dancing dogs."

"Rich and famous dancing dogs." James argues.

Carlos buds in trying to be positive but fails when he and James get into a physical fight. Logan and Kendall try to break them apart. I look at Katie concerned.

"They'll be fine." She tells me. 

The fight is finally ended by Katie pushing them in the pool.

"What was that for?" Kendall asks. I laugh quietly.

"You guys needed to cool off." She says before walking away.

"She's right, you know." I add walking away with Katie.

I go to my room to start working on a song. Hopefully I can have one ready by tomorrow. I sit down at my keyboard and get to work. After a handful of hours I finally finished my song and I feel confident about it. I decided to walk down to the pool to relax. When I get there I see the boys singing by a fire pit.

"Hey Guys, mind if I join you?" I ask.

They kindly let me as I sat next to Kendall.

"So what were you up to?" Kendall asks me.

"I was writing a song." I say.

"That's so cool, I didn't know you were a songwriter." Carlos says.