Chapter 12

Rose sat alone in the med hut, just the sound of the girl breathing and distant voices sounding in her ears. She played her with her hands in her lap as she looked to the girl, nothing had changed yet, Rose wasn't even sure she would wake up at this point.

Rose wondered what the hell another girl was doing in the glade, was this planned all along by the people who put them here? Or did she somehow get herself in trouble like it was suspected Rose had? Whatever the answers were, they wouldn't find out unless she was to wake.

As Rose took a deep breath, moving to rest her elbows on her knees and watching the girls breathing, the door to the hut opened. Rose turned her head, seeing Chuck walk in. He offered her a small smile and then looked at the sleeping girl with curiosity.

"Do you think she's going to wake up?" Chuck asked, keeping a distance. Rose shrugged and sighed. "Anyway, Minho wants you," The young boy got back on track. Rose looked at him and then back to the girl, not wanting for her to be left alone.

"Okay, let me just find someone to keep an eye on her," Rose informed the boy who nodded, waiting in the same place as Rose stepped out of the hut. She came back once she had caught Jeff walking nearby and asked him to keep an eye on her while she had to do something. "Did he say what he wanted?" Rose asked Chuck as they walked out of the hut, the young boy leading the way. It didn't take long for Rose to realise they were heading to the map room.

"It's about the maze," Is all that Chuck said, giving Rose a nervous look to which she did not like. Instantly, her walk got quicker and she ended up leading the way. What was Minho planning on doing? Was he going back in the maze with Thomas? They weren't going to back in, surely not after being trapped in there?

Before long, Rose saw the hut and beside it stood Zart, Winston and Frypan which only confused her more. As she got closer, her gaze fell upon Minho and then Thomas who was waiting nervously.

"What's going on?" She questioned as she got to Minho who didn't answer, instead he just gave her an apologetic look.

"You guys all know what we are doing here, right?" Thomas asked the boys. Chuck had pushed to the front and was watching Thomas. Rose looked to Minho, wanting to know what was happening.

"Minho trusts you, that's good enough for me," Winston stated and the other three nodded in agreement. Rose could see though that they all had apprehensive looks to them and she started to guess what they were doing.

"Please tell me you are not going back in there," Rose turned to Minho with a worried look. Minho barely met her eye and she sighed, "You guys cannot go in there, not after what happened," She stated firmly.

"Rose, please. We could have something, we just need to see the dead griever," Thomas tried to explain and she looked to Minho who nodded in agreement with the boy. Rose turned to look at the other keepers and Chuck before facing Thomas again.

"And what if it's not dead, huh? What if one of you gets stung?" She argued with a glare, not even wanting to think about any of her friends, Chuck or Minho being stung or getting hurt.

"It's dead Rose, I'm sure of it," Minho told her softly, finally meeting her gaze. Rose could tell that it was important for them to go investigate the dead creature, to see if they could find anything but it was just so unpredictable, she couldn't take it if one of them died. "Just give us a minute, guys, make sure we have everything we need," Minho said to the group and Thomas nodded.

As the group moved around the corner and Thomas walked into the map room to get some supplies, Minho took hold of Rose's hand, pulling her a couple of steps away from the hut.