Just Friends

After I was through watching Black Beauty, I noticed that my mind kept wandering to Zain. Why did I have to go and kiss him when I knew full well who he liked and that wasn't me? I mean, we are friends, yes; but lovers, no that would NEVER happen. And then suddenly I had thoughts about Remy. Those thoughts seemed to come out of nowhere. Maybe it was the way he spoke French to me sometimes. I giggled to myself. That's so silly! But, I still had random thoughts of him so who knows? I had a lot of guy friends. I seemed to be very good at being friends with men. I sighed to myself. Friends. That's all I ever am. Or sister material. But never dating material. At this rate, I doubted I'd ever date again. It just didn't seem plausible at the moment. I couldn't stop my heart from hurting and the one guy I did like would never want me like that. Not ever. I sighed again, reality hitting me square in the face. I disappeared up the stairs to my private bedroom to get ready for bed. I doubted I'd sleep. I hadn't been sleeping well at all because Jake's face kept appearing in my dreams. I was soon in my over-sized wolf shirt and in bed. I switched the small lamp off and let my eyes flutter closed. I only hoped my mind would calm down and let me sleep. I was soon sound asleep, dreams coming rapidly.