Maybe just a little closer

Warning:
There are mentions of suicide in this chapter! Leave or proceed with caution!

Kokichi.

Kokichi.

Am I the only one that cares about him?

He's finally starting to look healthier.. but.. I'm still worried.

Kokichi has infested my mind like some sort of pretty parasite.

I wish I met him sooner. Even though this whole thing is a hassle, I like him. Not that way! I appreciate him.

The more I like him, the more I want to know about him. I know I shouldn't, but I don't want him to be an outcast anymore. Fixing that requires information.

I just had to go to school. Maybe I'd get some answers today.. I shouldn't go searching. He told me not to.

"Hey freak!" came Miu's voice before the start of school. I was about to tell her off for being rude when I realized.. she wasn't talking to me.

"Aww.. you're calling me a freak when you look like an abonded clown reject," came Kokichi's sarcastic voice.

I thought he didn't talk to 'my type.'

"H-Hey! I spend time on my appearance!" Miu said defensively.

"Not enough time apparently," Kokichi said with a smirk, looking at his fingers.

"Why you little.." she glared before going up to him, pushing him in the mud. He gasped, staring at her.

"Miu, that was-" I started.

"See, bitch? This is why nobody likes you," she glared before kicking his head.

"Miu!" I shouted. I didn't know she was capable of this.. I was beyond furious! To hurt a boy who is clearly hurting anyway..

"What? I'm sorry for hurting your boyfriend," she scoffed before leaving.

"K-Kokichi!" I said, rushing towards him. I gave him my hand so he could get up.

He got up and glared at me. "This is why I hate you."

"Huh?! What did I do?" I asked, confused.

He just crossed his arms and looked away.

"U-Uh.. nevermind.." he mutered, "Here. Let's go to the bathroom, I can get some paper towels and clean you up."

"I can help myself, pervert."

"... Kokichi.. F-fine! Here.." I said before handing him the bag of cookies I bake every day for him. He rolled his eyes and grabbed them before going into the school, covered in mud. He would be bullied even more looking like that!

I ran back home. Luckily, it was very close by. I grabbed a towel before running back to Kokichi.

"I told you to go away-"

"I will! Just.. here.." I said, handing him the towel.

He stared at him, wiping off his face. ".. Thanks.."