Ten

As usual, there was a knock at Arizona's bedroom door this morning. She opened it and there Sofia was standing with her bear in one hand and her blanket in another.

"Good morning sweet girl. How are you?" Arizona asked picking her up. Sofia's head fell against her chest. "Are you still sleepy?"

Sofia nodded not wanting to talk. "Do you want to go make some chocolate chip pancakes?" 

That immediately got the little girl to have a boost of energy.

"Can I have orange juice?"

Arizona let out excited laugh.

"Of course, as long as you let me have some too." She joked.

They both made their way to the grand kitchen.

The marble counter tops and grey backsplash really pull the whole thing together. After sitting Sofia in her seat at the breakfast bar, Arizona continued to make her way around the kitchen grabbing everything she would need.

"Alexa, play... princess songs." Arizona said to the wireless command center in the middle of the room.

A few seconds later, a song from the little mermaid came on.

Sofia fell into a fit of giggles when Arizona looked at a spatula and sang "look at this stuff, isn't it neat. wouldn't you think my collections complete." pulling out other ones.

"You're so silly, zona." Sofia said breathing through the happiness she was feeling that morning.

"I guess you're right, I can be silly, huh?"

The ringing of a phone interrupted them. Arizona reached for a FaceTime call that was coming through.

"Hey Teddy." She said propping her phone up against one of the vases in the middle of the counter.

"AZ, how's it going at casa de Torres. You have the hots for her yet?"

"Teddy." Arizona said gritting her teeth against each other, before looking over towards Sofia. "Hey Sof, this is my good friend Teddy. Ted, this is Sofia."

Sofia put her hand up to wave. "Like a teddy bear?" She asked.

Arizona nodded. "Yeah, like a teddy bear." But then turned to whisper loud enough for her to hear. "Except sometimes she can be a little grumpy like Oscar that grouch."

Ah, another one of Sofia's favorite shows; Sesame Street.

"Anyways, I was just calling to let you know Tim called me." Arizona immediately dropped her spoon she was using to stir the batter mix.

"He called." A small smile appeared from the corner of her mouth. "Oh thank god."

"So he will probably try calling you in a little bit."

"Who's Tim?" Sofia asked half-listening in on her babysitters conversation.

"He's my brother." She answered. "So what did you guys talk about?"

In the little screen, Teddy shrugged her shoulders. Arizona didn't say anything, but she could see where she had cried. Dried up tear stains were still stained on her cheeks.

Teddy and her brother have quite the relationship. Before Henry, Teddy has loved Timothy for about as long as the two had been friends.

Of course throughout middle school, it was just a stupid crush on her friends older brother, but as time went on, Arizona knew it wasn't just a crush.

She distinctively remembered when Tim asked her if it was okay to ask Teddy out. Of course, she kinda saw it coming. Right before he got a chance to, Teddy unfortunately met Henry.