Four

Arizona was just on a plane for 2 and a half hours. She anxiously waited for it to arrive in the LAX airport, so she could finally get some sleep.

Landing in the airport at 5 o'clock in the evening,

Arizona went to her hotel to check-in. It was a little fancier than she had anticipated it being. Without knowing who she was going to be babysitting and what the job truly entails, Arizona already could see the wealth and impact the family had. After all, they just put her in a hotel room that costs more than she would ever be able or be willing to pay.

After taking time to freshen up and make herself look a little more presentable to the public eye, Arizona found herself going downstairs towards the fancy hotel bar.

She had already gotten an email from Lexie Grey, she had already decided that having one drink wouldn't hurt. Her interview wouldn't be until the late afternoon of the following day, so one drink shouldn't be much of a worry.

She walked into the restaurant & bar and made her way to the counter. There weren't too many people there, and the ones that were seemed to be on the very high end of the social class. That's saying something for LA.

"Can I have a white wine please?" She asked the bartender sweetly, making sure to pop her dimpled smile.

He nodded and got to work preparing her drink as requested.

Arizona looked around in hopes to see what everyone else was up to when she caught the eye of someone.

She couldn't tell if her eyes were playing tricks on her or if it was her mind deceiving her. An attractive lady walked up to the bar and sat a seat away from Arizona.

Her brown hair was wiped out of her face.

Arizona could feel a pair of eyes on her and made a show of sitting up straighter and taking a small sip of the wine placed in front of her.

"So, do you come here often?"

Arizona turned in her seat to see a woman smiling slightly.

"Was that the best line you could come up with?" She questioned back.

The very tall and beautiful woman bit her lip slightly and let out a small laugh. "I suppose I was just trying to start a conversation."

Her thick Italian accent made Arizona's heart flutter at the sound.

"Do you want me to go back to minding my own business?" The Italian asked leaning her head on her hand and musing at the blonde in front of her.

Arizona thought about it for a moment before glancing at her watch. Only a little after 7. She had time to see how this would play out.

She took another sip of the white wine and then held out her hand.

"Arizona." She stated, now thinking it may be the appropriate time to make a proper introduction.

"Carina."

                                                                                     ———

Arizona's phone vibrated loudly from somewhere in the room. It woke the blonde making her remember the actions of last night.

"I really should be getting back upstairs." Arizona would say to her new friend, Carina.

Carina let out an exaggerated groan at the mention that the blonde was going to turn in for the evening.

The truth is Arizona didn't want to go. She didn't want to have to leave Carina, especially when she was having such an amazing time speaking with her. The Italian clearly had a way with words and was able to swoon Arizona very easily.