Pre-Dinner confusion

"I apologise that I'm early, is The King seated yet?" The guards at either side of the door continued to stare forwards, their armbands revealing their high ranks. Funny. She didn't recognise them, at least not in their ceremonial gear. "His majesty is indeed present, My Lady. Unfortunately, he will not allow anyone to enter the hall before Seven O'Clock." She stood in confusion.

"And why, may I ask, is that?"
"I'm afraid that is confidential, My Lady." She set her jaw with annoyance, and stepped closer to the one who had spoken. "As I have said, I am unfortunately not permitted to allow anyone else into the hall at this moment. Please step back, take this as an order from your King." She took another step, meaning to get a close look at the person under the armour - a new recruit perhaps?. "I am warning you, My Lady. If the safety of our King is compromised, we will have to take action." At last, she recognised him under his ceremonial golden mask. Not someone terribly new, but only just returned after a few months leave.

"I think you'll find, Edward, that I am indeed allowed in." Edward flinched at the mention of his name, but, as he'd promised, he didn't hesitate in gripping her by her neck, thick with pearls and gems, and pointing his silver-diamond spear at her chest.
"As I said, M'Lady. We will have to take action." To his credit, he still did not break his stare at the wall opposite. Still perplexed, and now thoroughly annoyed, she scoffed and shook her head as best she could. Didn't he recognise her? She - oh. Oh. She was weaning a veil. She sighed what might be the longest, most hopeless sigh ever to have been sighed, and said,

"please, Edward, remove my veil."
He removed his hand from her neck, and stiffly lifted up the blue netting lined with real silver that covered her face. So finely crafted you would forget you were wearing it, while those on the other side would have no idea it was you. He gasped, and immediately bent to one knee, armour clinking and groaning with the movement it was never designed for (how they were supposed to protect anyone properly was a mystery).

"Lady Anitha! I apologise. I - I thought you may be a human." He quickly stood back up with precision and practice, taking a step back. "However, it is your own fault for acting the way you did and casting suspicion over yourself, M'Lady. I will only let you enter now because that is what His Majesty requested." She bowed, her cheeks blooming with embarrassment and a little guilt. Her voice had been raspy all day, and after going a few hours without a drink, it was almost unrecognisable. Not to mention her heels and dress changing her build just enough for it to be a disguise.

"Thank you, Lance Edward." His face paled a little at the use of the title his armband connoted. "I'm guessing this is only a temporary promotion? You will be back to 'Sire' soon?" He nodded angrily. "Yes. Tomorrow - Lance Jacov is off sick." Anitha only chuckled in a sudden twist of cruelty and made her way into the hall.