☾ summer of 1994 ☾

It's a long one folks.

The summer had been hot, muggy, and life draining. When the Mid-July and August storms rolled in Frankie was relieved. Her sisters came to visit as soon as they heard Frankie was going to the Quidditch World Cup, they and their father bought themselves tickets to come along. Frankie supposed it was only a matter of time before her sisters met the loud bunch known as the Weasleys. Well, the Marshes were loud too, it was going to be an exhausting time.

As the evening rolled around and the early August monsoon turned into regular rain Frankie dawned her pink rain boots and made her way outside. She was taking Raspberry out to socialize with the other frogs around the swampy pond. She stared at the pond awhile, letting the rain soak through her hair and clothes. She laid herself down on the brick path to their house, the brick was still warm from the hot rain. Frankie relaxed for a few moments, breathing in all the smells surrounding her. A few quiet moments passed before she heard the front door open, she didn't bother to look at who it was, she knew. Her oldest sister, Alex, stood over her, hands backward on her hips that jutted out.

"Da' rang, he said he's working late at the office. Said something about a new story coming in on possible Death Eater sightings. Sounds fake," she sighed looking off into the distance and back at Frankie. "So I'm making dinner, what do ya' fancy?"

"Your food is always good, anything really," Frankie hadn't opened her eyes yet. Alex smiled at the compliment, she appreciated moments her sister was kind.

"Alright then. Frankie, I can see your tits through that dress by the way," Alex commented. Frankie shrugged her shoulders from the ground.

"It's just you and Danny." Alex didn't respond. "I'll shower and change when I get inside, don't worry. No one's here."

"Someone's here," Alex said nonchalantly. Frankie's eyes shot open to see her sister looking down the road.

"What?"

"Mm, they just apparated. I don't recognize them," she replied. Frankie leaned to grab Raspberry as she stood. She recognized the figure walking towards them immediately, even though she couldn't see his face yet.

"Jesus Christ, that's Bill Weasley," Frankie said frantically. "I didn't know he knew this was our house," she puzzled quietly.

"The Bill Weasley?"

"Obviously," Frankie retorted. He was getting closer.

"Hiya Frankie!" He smiled. Alex discarded her large chunky sweater, tossing it at her younger sister.

"Hi, I'm Alex, I don't believe we've met," Alex took a step forward to shake Bill's hand. He was slightly taken aback but kept his charm.

"Hello Alex, you're Frankie's sister. Well, I've heard all about you, it's fantastic to finally meet you," he smiled, taking her hand.

"You as well, Frankie never seems to stop talking about you, I don't know where she finds the time to talk about me," Alex smiled, he laughed at the comment.

"Alex," Frankie groaned. She had gotten the sweater on. "Hi, Bill."

"Kiddo" he smiled, and just like a year ago in Egypt, Bill lifted her off the ground, holding her close. "It's lovely to see you," he said gently putting her down and squeezing her shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" Frankie asked, caressing Raspberry in her fingers, trying to avoid looking at Bill since that only made it worse.

"Oh, well I just got back into town and Mum wanted me to invite you, and your sisters and father of course for dinner," Bill said.