Reverie: Chapter 1

Raven

I fell asleep in Damian's bed without him and woke up without him. At this point I don't even know if he came back from talking with Lady Shiva. I hear the door open then some light tapping on the ground.

"Titus?" The tapping became faster and in came Titus. He was excited to see me today. I had to think why he wasn't in the room in the first place, and I think back to last night he wasn't here either. Does Damian have someone watch and care for him.

I pet the big black Great Dane's head. I stand up and he follows me to bathroom. I look in the mirror and brush my ratty hair and my teeth. I walk back into the bedroom and go through my stuff to find an outfit to wear today. I chose my black jeans with my black off the shoulder shirt and blue bralette that peeks out.

I made my way to the balcony and looked out over it and could see the courtyard with all of the assassins evenly spaced out and practicing different stances looking like robots. As I lean on the railing with Titus by my side I look around to see Damian standing on a balcony of his own much lower than his room's balcony. I see Lady Shiva standing near him as they both watch over the practicing assassins.

He starts looking around and looks up in my direction. Seeing him look at me makes me blush. He turned to Lady Shiva to say something possibly then walked into the compound. Did he run away to hide from so that I couldn't watch him work? I stay at the balcony soaking in the fresh air. You don't get this back at the tower roof.

The door opened to the room cause Titus to turn around walk into the sitting room. The curtains were swaying from the breeze so I couldn't see into the room. My back is leaning against the railing outside, he then appears from the swaying curtains and approaches me slowly. He reaches his hand out towards me and I'm very hesitant to take it. I take it anyways and he pulls into the sitting room and he moves backwards.

"What are you doing?" I ask him but no answer. He continues to guide me through the room and in the bedroom. I couldn't help but let out a little laugh. He stops at the bed then turns us so that my back is towards the bed. He nods his head downwards signaling me to sit down. So I do so and sit on the bed.

"Titus." He calls, then I hear his feet on the floor coming into the room. He then appears and comes up to Damian's side with something in his mouth. He places it on my lap and I pick it up to inspect, it appeared to to be a book. The black faux leather covering with gold words, I assume is the title, stamped in to the leather. I look up to Damian so confused at this point.

"Open it." He says, and I open the hard covered book to the first first page which is blank except for some writing that was in the top right corner.

To the beautiful bird I love so dearly. -Damian Wayne

I close it placing it onto the bed and stand to hung him. He wrote it in a book instead of just saying aloud. How did he even think of that?

"Thank you, I love it." I lean back to smile at him, looking into his emerald green eyes.

"Good." He says then places a kiss on my lips. My heart flutters from his lips on mine.