FORTH

Girl

Saturday
9:50am

The next day I checked my window as soon as I got up. Their house is still dark and all the lights are off, I think. I also noticed that the longer I stare at their house the more I see what it looks like. At first I thought their house is color brown but the more I look it's actually more of a red-ish color and maybe it just became brown because of the dirt and how old it is.

I scrolled down through Instagram and saw many beautiful women including celebrities and some acquaintances from school. I'm jealous of them if i'm being honest but let's face it, we're all beautiful. It's just that their beauty is way more well... appealing than mine. I kinda like the trend of women empowering each other, the "don't let your pimples affect you" and other kinds of stuff. But mines different. I'm insecure about some of my facial features whilst other girls are insecure about their acnes and I mean, why would they be insecure about that when pimples tend to fade over time? Also, one thing I'm insecure about is having stretch marks. On my knees. Literally on my knees. I also have many on my thighs, butt cheeks, and breasts.

I remember when I was between 13/14 I always dreamed about becoming a model, runway to be specific. There are just problems though: stretch marks, height, and confidence. So I didn't get to do that but it's okay.

"Sweetie look at this we should participate!" suddenly I heard mom going downstairs.

"Oh mom you're awake early!" I said in amusement.

"Yeah well it's my day off. Anyways, check this out"

She showed me her laptop and I saw a website called islandbooking.com and there I saw many pictures of trees and grass. There's also a beach and pool.

"Wow well umm okay let's sign up it looks beautiful. How much is it?" I asked

"You don't need to ask! But honey, if we go on this trip it said you shouldn't bring your phone or any gadgets except cameras and stuff like that"

At first I laughed because I can't believe mom would say that to a teenager, like they'll believe in that kinda bullshit. Not until I saw what she said was true. it says

Note: no gadgets will be allowed once you enter our resort. You may only bring portable cameras and devices that do not have radiation. This is for our little experiment called "3 days without technology". Our team thought that without usage of technology, our guests may experience a 100% stress-free environment for a couple of days to fully enjoy the sceneries and activities. We hope you'll participate and join the fun!

Shut. up.