"Fun day"

CHAPTER 3

(DINNER TIME)

Martin: Have you guys heard? This Saturday, which is tomorrow, will be an outing day for all boarding students.

Vicky: cool!

Maura: How did you know?

Martin: I asked how else.

Lorna: (excited)So who's going cos I am

Martin: I will surely get out of this school.

Ricky: Me too

Maura: It's a waste of time besides we have a project to work on right Reginald? 

Reginald: Huh? Oh...... that! I'm sorry Maura but I'm going out too. (everyone shocked)

Maura: (Furious) What?

Reginald: You can stay and do it with Jason.

Maura: You really are irritating! And don't have your priorities set straight! I don't know what I was expecting from you, to be honest...

She got angry and left the place. The others were all surprised

Martin: My man, what's wrong with you today? Why are you not staying with her?

Reginald: Nothing. It's called playing along. She thinks she knows all the tricks. I am trying to get her to go out with us too.

Lorna: Really you think she might?

Reginald: Of course! Now let's eat, the food is getting cold.

Reginald was right; she did join them. She looked so pretty.

Lorna: Oh so Maura you decided to join us after all (they all started smiling slyly)

Maura: Don't be too excited, I was feeling bored that's why and I've finished washing my clothes anyway.

Lorna: Don't worry when you are with us, you'll never be bored; let's go!

As they set off to go, they met Jason.

Jason: Where are you guys going this early? Hey, Maura don't we have a project to work on?

Reginald: That's none of your business.

Jason: Who asked for your opinion? (Maura sighs)

The two were about to quarrel when Martin and Ricky rushed to them.

Martin: Ok guys let's go

Vicky: Yayy

Lorna: Oh Jason! Do you want to tag along?

Jason: Well.......

(He looked at Maura who was signaling him to say no) Of course, I will! (smiling)

Lorna: Ok let's go

(Maura and Reginald were irritated).

They headed to the local mall in the town. They walked there and were chatting along the way. When they got to a playground, Maura was walking all quiet and alone. You could tell she was hiding something.

Lorna: Look at her poor thing. (Everyone became silent) Wait! I think I have an idea. I have two tickets with me for a movie. The person who makes Maura smile will get it. What do you think?

Reginald: Where did you get them?

Lorna: I gave the money to my friend who is a commuter to get them for me.