"ruckus"

CHAPTER 4

Lorna: So how's your project? Everything going alright for you?

Maura: Yeah, we have to hurry before the mid-term break.

Lorna: Ok then I'm going to mine. Good luck

Maura: Bye.

Maura set off to the library because that was where she was meeting up with her "group members". She was expecting the worst but when she got there she was surprised. The two (Reginald and Jason) were busily reading and writing their ideas. She went closer and said hi to them and they started their work. Of course, the two were competing against each other to impress Maura. They both presented their ideas and waited on Maura for their judgment. After reading, she started interrogating them.

Maura: Reginald, can you tell me your previous results?

Reginald: What does that have to do with this?

Maura: Everything, bad handwriting, bad spellings, really? (Jason laughs) And what's so funny? Oh, and do you think yours was any better?

Jason: At least it's better than his and I didn't fail my previous exam.

Reginald & Maura: what? (Reginald began to eye him to shut up)

Maura: What are you talking about Jason? Elaborate?

Jason: "Mr.Perfect" here (Reginald) failed is known to fail a lot as I heard

Maura: Seriously? I always knew you were dumb but I didn't think you were that dumb! (Jason laughs) Anyways forget it. We have to finish our work. So I'll add Jason's idea to mine and hand it in before the mid-term break.

Reginald became quiet and Jason was indeed happy. Maura wrote a few things down and walked out but she stood outside waiting for Reginald.

Jason: It's a draw, right?

Reginald: huh?

Jason: You managed to get her to watch the movie with you and I managed to get her to use my work.

Reginald:(chuckles) You're something else you know?

He didn't even wait for him to speak and he walked out. Immediately he stepped out of the door, Maura came from behind and told him to follow her. He smiled and followed her obediently. Immediately they were out of sight, Jason came from the library to look for Maura. He didn't know the two were meeting somewhere.

Maura and Reginald sat under the tree on a bench.

Maura: Take your book and let's study.

Reginald: Are you an...gry?

Maura: Of course I am! You couldn't even pass at least one course???

Reginald: It isn't really my fault. The tests were so many and I also couldn't concentrate. How would you feel if your mother got married to another man without your knowledge?

Maura: Huh?

Reginald: Just forget it. Let's study.

Maura: You don't trust me? Ok, I'm leaving. (When she got up he held her hand and started speaking)

Reginald: My parents got separated because of me and now they don't even care about me. (Maura sat back down)

Maura: So who do you live with?

Reginald: Alone with the maids and a few bodyguards.

Maura: Really? (feeling sad)