"All of a sudden"

Maura woke up quite early, freshened up, and went downstairs to help the maids prepare breakfast. She also used the opportunity to introduce herself well and get to know them. Most of them have lived with him ever since his parents separated. They told her some childish things he's done and so on. Maura couldn't stop laughing.

As for Reginald, he was busily sleeping. The aroma of the food woke him up and he got up. He went straight downstairs to eat. He forgot that he came home with Maura and he didn't check his facial appearance or anything and just went down.

Reginald: (sitting on the dining chair) Aaaah home sweet home. (Soon Maura came from the kitchen and hit his head) Ouch! Wait Maura what are you doing here?

Maura: What am I doing here? Is that how you behave in the boarding house, don't you freshen up before breakfast?

Reginald: Um.....

Maura: Now get up and go shower!

Reginald: Ok.....

She pushed him to go shower and all the maids saw it. They were kind of surprised too. He quickly went up and prepared to look all fresh. After a while, he came down and they ate breakfast.

Reginald: So you want to do anything today? Or go anywhere?

Maura: Um... I don't know, do you have anywhere in mind?

Reginald: My friends are throwing a pool party at the Golden Tulip hotel and it's this afternoon so I was wondering if you could go with me.

Maura: Pool party I'm not sure.

Reginald: C'mon it'll be fun.

Maura: Um... I still don't know...

Reginald: Please....

Maura: Ugh.....

Reginald: I'll take that as a yes!

Maura: ok whatever, but I'm not swimming.

Reginald: Alright!

They both got ready and headed to the party. Reginald was really happy because he wanted to show off Maura to his friends.

When they got there a couple of guys came towards them and Reginald greeted them and introduced Maura to them. They started teasing him and began to tell Maura how lucky she was and blah blah blah. Even the girls with them testified. Maura got shy and decided to go sit at the cocktail bar and get a drink. She got herself a cup of juice and stared at the people in the pool. She noticed that most of them were secondary students and were having fun. She could tell that half of them were "dadabees". Flaunting their bikinis and Iphones here and there. She was feeling strange being there because she had the thought that she didn't belong there. She knew her mum was well off but it's because she owns a saloon and dignitaries come there so she has a few connections but deep down she couldn't compare herself to any of these kids. As she began thinking all these she remembered how her mum has strived to raise her alone all by herself. She stopped thinking all these and started to be content with what she has and also remembered Reginald's background. Even though he had all the money and privileges, he still went through some issues with his family. Even if all these kids were acting all happy and proud, they all had problems of their own. She began laughing to herself because she felt that way in her former school. She sat there talking to the bartender. Reginald came and spoke to her and asked if she was alright but he had to go back to meet a few of his old friends. Maura didn't mind and sat there drinking her juice. After a few minutes, some girls approached Maura at her back.

Girl: You thought you could run away forever huh?

(Maura's heart started beating fast as she recalled the voice)