"Settling down"

CHAPTER 2

School the following day

Miss Jenna: "Okay class these are our new friends. Here, introduce yourselves."

They all did. There was one girl in the class called Dakota Mensah. She didn't like Maura already. By Just looking at her she found her as a threat. With the way she looked and spoke, she was afraid she would steal her spotlight. And also she didn't like the way Jason was looking at her because she had a thing for Jason.

(LUNCHTIME)

Lorna: you want to play together after eating?

Maura: Play? No thank you!

Lorna: Okay let's do what you want us to do.

She was about to speak when Jason came and dragged her hand(Maura). Reginald and the others saw it and ran to them.

Maura: Hey! Let go of me! Where are you taking me?

Jason: (happily) let's go and eat

Reginald:(shouting) let go of her!

(Jason turned)

Jason: And who are you?

Reginald: I'm her friend, why?

Maura: oh please! both of you give me a break!

Reginald: let's go Maura (grabbing her right hand)

Jason: no she's going with me! ( grabbing her left hand)

Maura: What are you two doing???!!!! (annoyed)

Everybody was staring, even Dakota from behind. Reginald and Jason were looking at each other as if they were about to fight but Lorna came to the rescue.

Lorna: (smiling) enough guys.... Why don't we all eat together?

Vicky: yeah (supporting her friend)

Martin: That sounds like a good idea, come y'all!

(They turn to go but the two guys we're still holding her hands and still looking at each other angrily)

Maura: So aren't you two gonna let go of me? (They did)

Reginald: sorry...

Maura: ugh, please...

They all Left. Jason stood there alone till Lorna came to get him. The other students were still staring hoping to see a fight break out but nothing happened.

Lorna offered to let Jason join them to eat. He became so happy that he put his arm on her shoulder and she started blushing. Her heart started beating so fast too and felt butterflies in her stomach. But little did she know that he was happy to eat with her because of Maura.

(They were quietly eating when Jason broke the silence)

Jason: I wonder what you all did to be recommended here.

Martin: Well it's a funny story; Ricky, Vicky, and I were caught in the club at night. A group of thugs implanted drugs in our bags but at the police station, we were proven innocent. Yet still, our parents brought us here.

Lorna: Wow, dancing at the club sounds fun.

Martin: Isn't it? If you want I can teach you.... (starts laughing and dancing)

Lorna: never mind maybe later haha. So does anyone want to know what I did to get here?

Vicky: What?