Outfits and Betrayal

At school Mark and his friend, William we're going to their lockers.

William: Jeez, man. You still sore from Todd's thrashing? What's up?

Mark: Huh? No, I'm fine.

Todd: Hey, Mark Grayson... I don't see Amber anywhere nearby to protect your sorry ass.

Mark: Todd, please. Just don't...

Todd: Don't? Don't what? Kick your ass again? Or what? Are you threatening me? Or do you need a replay of what happened last time, ass?

Mark: Hit me. Go on. Hit me as hard as you can.

Todd smirks and lands a punch straight into Mark's stomach.

Mark: Again.

Mark continues to get punched by Todd over and over again until he's had enough.

Todd: I'm done with this, Freak!

William: Dude, what is up with you?

Mark: I need something to punch.

William: He just walked away, Mark! You missed your chance.

___________

After school Mark decided to put on a homemade suit and wander the city for saving. He flies a bit before landing on a building nearby.

Mark: Gunfire...Where did the gunfire go? There!

He jumps off and flies off to the sound of the gun. He crashes a couple of buildings, before making it to the scene. A group of men in suits are in gunfire with cops and are both going back and forth. Another man is there but covered in grey-like armor.

Thug 1: You're not supposed to run with us, you idiot! You're supposed to stay behind so we can get away!

Big man: You brought me along to protect you from the cops. I can't do that if I hang back and let them shoot me.

Thug 2: Shut up and get us over the fence!

Before they can get away Mark flies in and tackles the big Armored man away.

Mark: Meant to do that.

Big man: Who the hell are you?

Mark: I'm... Uh... I'm... I guess I'm working on that.
Any suggestions?

Big man: Captain Guy with a hole punched through him?

Mark: Doesn't really roll off the tongue. Anything else?

The man rushes at Mark hitting him in the face with a barrage of punches breaking his goggles. Mark grabs him by the hand and throws him onto the street. Flying fast he delivers a punch to his face knocking him out.

Mark: Huh, what about Ass Kicker? No... that sounds willfully childish. What are you thinking?

Omni-Man: You Look ridiculous.

Omni-Man had arrived to help Mark out and to take him with him elsewhere.

Omni-Man: Let's get outta here.

They both fly off and land on a nearby building where they begin talking.

Omni-Man: Honestly, I think you might have skipped a few steps, Mark.

Mark: Seemed to work out just fine.

Omni-Man: It may not look like much, but you did far more damage down there than you needed to.
I don't think you're ready.

Mark: Hit me.

Omni-Man: What?

Mark: Hit me now. Do it! I wasn't ready before. Now I am. I can take it. Come on!