second bind

Looking in front of the mirror, you saw her.

You saw you; but she wasn't you.

She looked exactly like you; hair, eyes, figure, everything.

She looked happy. She was happy. She had friends, she had a reputation, she had family. She had a quirk. A quirk so powerful that she feared it. She locked it away. Locked it away and tossed the key into the deep abyss of her dark thoughts. She locked it away along with her sense of emotion.

She simply smiled.

She was perfect.

She wasn't you.

"Come on, Y/N..." you whispered to yourself in front of the bathroom mirror. You were dripping wet. A towel hung around your frame. A frame that held you - a picture so imperfect and ridiculous. A frame that wasn't yours. "Don't be pathetic." you said to yourself, "Don't be weak. Don't be frail. Don't be sad. Don't be..."

You met face to face with your reflection.

"Don't be you."

"Shuzenji-sama! We have another one!"

You frantically guided the staff as they brought in a student with iced feet. The student's whole lower half was frozen with an ice quirk the moment before, and had left a mild case of frostbite to the students. The Sports festival had just begun with the first event and the clinic was already bustling with injured students.

"Y/N, dear, could you please take care of that one?" Chiyo asked, attending to the plethora of students who lay either burnt, frozen, or scraped. It was a field day; similar to the rush hour of a restaurant, the clinic was experiencing one patient after another.

"Hai!" you yelled back, asking the staff to lay the students onto the beds as you grabbed a heating blanket developed by one of the Support Department students. The blanket had special features that stored heat to freely transfer into the user. You laid the blanket onto the student, moving to another who had a deep cut on their knee.

Apparently, the first event was an Obstacle Course. A student from 1-A used his quirk on almost everyone at the beginning, resulting the frozen students in the clinic. Inwardly, you stood in awe at how powerful his quirk must be to freeze these many students, yet you were also irritated that he didn't even try to hold back.

"H-help m-me, I'm...dying..."

You rolled your eyes at the groan of one of the students. Walking over there, you placed a second warming blanket and placed your hands on your hips. 

"So dramatic." you muttered to yourself, walking away from the supposed 'dying' student who now snuggly edged into the blanket.

"Can't you like, go any faster?" a snotty voice spat in your face when you neared.

The girl was one from the General Course, first year. Her name was Lilian, you remembered. Although her braces were abnormally oversized, Lilian was instead known for the fact that spit came out of her mouth like a water fountain whenever she talked. You had to step back a few inches at that.

You quickly replaced her used up blanket with a new one, throwing the cold cloth into the pile of used blankets that formed a mountain in the corner of the clinic.

"Um, excuse me? Are you part of the medical staff?"

A voice made you turn to the entrance. There, you saw a group of students supporting each other by the shoulders. Your eyes quickly fluttered from their injuries; scratches, shallow cuts, barely any blood, presumably from stray debris or simply tripping over the rough ground - nothing serious enough to panic about, but important enough to disinfect immediately.