third bind

"Skip, skip, reverse, plus two, plus four, plus two, skip, uno and I win!"

The boy in front of you watched as you slapped down all your cards, throwing your hands up in victory for the nth time that day. "I win again! That's 12 wins for me and 0 wins for you!" you stopped, grinning at the boy who scowled at you. You bopped his nose, "You suck at this game."

"I hate it when you do that." the boy scowled, "That's cheating."

"No, it's called strategically putting aside special cards as a secret weapon for later!" you said, grinning as the boy compiled the cards and shuffled them. "You're too impulsive! You always use plus two or plus four cards as soon as you get them. You should think about saving them for more plays."

"You know what I heard? blah blah blah."

You rolled your eyes, "Okay mr. mature."

You were sitting cross legged on one of the hospital beds, your shoes were left on the floor. The blonde boy you were with sat on the edge of the bed, in front of you, with cards scattered in the middle of you two. He was sitting cross legged too - and if you were honest, the both of you looked like girls in a sleepover party.

"You know what, this is trash. I could beat you in any video game." he said, distributing the cards.

You hummed, "I dunno. I bet you just click random buttons all the time."

"It works every time!" he exclaimed, placing down a blue card.

You placed down a blue card as well. "It won't work every time one day."

"Says the extra who spends her day in a clinic." he sneered.

"Still better than the egocentric porcupine who spends his day quote end quote beating up baddies."

"I hate you, Y/N."

"Love you too, Katsuki."

Indeed, life was unexpected. Never would you have thought a year ago that you would be sitting cross legged on a hospital bed with Katsuki Bakugo himself. The rude boy you met at sunset in that convenience store. The vulgar boy you met again during the sports festival during your first year. Never would you have thought that you would actually be friends. How it happened, you didn't quite remember.

"Alright you two! Stop bickering! This is a school clinic and I won't have any tawdry and vulgar language here!" Chiyo came around the corner, hands on her hips as she reprimanded the both of you.

You leaned in to the boy, and whispered. "She means you."

"Nobody likes you." he whispered back, pushing your forehead away.

Chiyo sighed heavily, "Try to keep it down, will you? I swear you kids will be the death of me."

"We love you Shuzenji-sama!" you called after her as she disappeared into her office. Right after, you placed down two skips and a plus two, ultimately winning the game once more. 

"That's 13 wins." you said to the boy who fumed in response. He grabbed the cards from your hand, aggressively shuffling them once more.

"I'm so done with this worthless game."

"And I'm so done with your sourness." you said, placing your cheek on your palm. "You seriously can't go one sentence without saying an insult! I don't even know why I'm friends with such a delinquent." you said dramatically, placing a hand on your forehead as if acting as a damsel in distress.