Chapter 28. Guess Who's Back?

It seems I've gotten a couple of new readers for my Dance Mom fics and so I've received questions on when I'll update my next. I usually update every other month For instance, the last time I updated any of my Dance Mom books was in February. I'm now updating again in April. The next time I'll update is in June. And most books get two chapters an update month, so look forward to them.

____________________________________________

"We went to Starbound. We proved that you're National Champions once again. It's a lot. Much fun to win, ladies. Alright, now, let's talk about this week. We are headed—"

Lexie shifts, eyes widening when the door opens. What is she doing here?

Jill waves, stepping into the room. "Hi, everyone. Abby, Can I talk to you?"

Abby's mouth snaps close. "Jill, you know what—"

For the second time in less than a minute, Jill cuts Abby off. "I know we had some different..."

"—I'm right in the middle of the pyramid."

"I know."

"You know how this works."

She hesitantly advances. "I do know. I made a mistake going to Candy Apples," Jill turns slightly to the side to get a look at the moms. "You guys know that?"

To the surprise of no one of the moms came to her defense. Kelly mutters something, but it was too low for Lexie to really hear her.

"It was a mistake," Jill turns back to Abby. "And I would really like for you to find a spot for Kendall on this team like you did once before."

A slow smile spreads on Lexie's face at the thought of Kendall joining the team. Where is Kendall? She glances at the door. Is she waiting in the den?

"Jill, I don't have time for this today," Abby tells her.

"I understand that."

"I have solos; I have a group. We have a competition this weekend."

"I want to be there with you," Abby's eyes widened. "I-I think that Kendall can fit right in this group. She did it once before she can do it again."

"You are off your rocker," Abby says bluntly.

"All I want is what's best for Kendall."

"Hey!" Abby leans forward, wagging a finger. "I wanted what was best for Kendall, and you didn't give me time to do that."

"I know I made a mistake. Are you going to turn my child away knowing she's got talent and she belongs in this group?"

Abby spreads her arm, looking around the room. "I'm in the middle of a rehearsal!"

"Right. You know what? Rehearse."

Eyes widening, Abby pushes her hair back. "I cannot believe this."

"I'm not stopping you guys from rehearsal, you know what—" Jill abruptly cuts herself off before leaving the room. She comes back, dragging Kendall in with her. "You know what, Abby?"

Jill holds Kendall's headshot out to Abby, but Abby just stares at it and Jill.

"Here, you hold your picture," Jill tells Kendall before guiding her to stand at the end of the line with Nia. "She deserves to be on that pyramid. You go on—"

Unlike Chloe, Paige, and Maddie, who quickly hug Kendall, Lexie observes Abby's face.

"Girls, girls, girls!" Abby points a chiding finger at them. "This is not about friends. You want to see Kendall invite her to your house. This is my business."