Chapter 22

I don't know how many rounds we went that night. I lost count after maybe round four. He wasn't kidding when he said I'd be limping. His stamina far exceeds any man I've been with in the past.

We were finally getting some sleep when the doorbell rang. I don't know how we heard it with all the rain and thunder going on outside, but it woke us up out of our sleep.

Marcellius grabs his phone off the nightstand beside him, looking down at the screen. "It's 3:25 in the fucking morning!" A frustrated growl erupts from the base of his throat, the animalistic sound vibrating throughout my body.

Rocco, our body guard, was a six foot eight man beast with the build of a quarterback in the NFL. He was a former marine before joining Marcellius' Mafia, and rarely gets any sleep because he's on duty 24/7.

Nobody should be able to get past him, which causes me to worry. I mean who could be out there this late, er in this case, so early in the morning? Could it be one of the Mafia's enemies? Could they be ambushing us?

Marcellius climbs out of bed, facing away from me. He bends down, grabbing his underwear, and quickly slipping them back on. He then walks over to his dresser, pulling out a pair of black shorts and putting them on. Yawning, he glances back at me. "Stay here."

"I'm coming with you," I tell him, climbing out of bed.

He rolls his eyes. "You are so damn stubborn." I'm too tired to argue with you right now, so come on," he says, motioning me to follow him with his hand. 

I feel like an excited toddler as I climb out of bed, and quickly slip on Marcellius' button up shirt before hurrying after him.

Following him down the corridor and into the foyer, I wait near the lounge area while he goes to open the door. When he opens the door, Rocco whips around to face his boss. "I tried to stop her Boss."

I can't see Marcellius' face. A woman drenched head to toe in rain pushes past Rocco and tightly wraps her arms around Marcellius.

I raise a brow, watching the extremely beautiful woman embrace my man. Long flowing black hair, beautiful light brown skin, and curves that put mine to shame.

"Selene?" I can hear Marcellius say, shock evident in his voice.

Selene?

As in his ex and baby mama Selene?

I was confused. I thought she lived in California. What was she doing all the way over here? I spot a young boy with a mess of black curls atop his head, and beautiful brown eyes.

He's the spitting image of his father. It's a bit scary seeing the similarities the two share. He smiles wide when he sees his dad, wrapping his arms around him in the most adorable embrace. He's got a single dimple in his right cheek that only adds to my baby fever. "Papa!"

They actually look like a family. And it would be an understatement if I didn't say I felt a little jealous seeing them together. My dream has always been to have a family of my own, and seeing Marcellius with his makes me feel some type of way. 

I hate that I feel that way towards them. I don't hold any ill will towards the family, but I wish it were me. I wish it were me instead of Selene.

Does that make me a bad person?

Selene steps back as Marcellius lifts up his twelve year old son, smiling as he swings him around. I've only ever seen him smile a few times, but this was different. I could see the pure joy emanating from the love he has for his son. 

I can't help, but smile at myself watching those two together. It was an adorable father-son moment that I was lucky enough to witness.

Marcellius sets his son down, giving Rocco, who looks extremely nervous, a nod before closing the door. Selene's head snaps in my direction, her eyes trailing over my attire. I was naked, wearing only Marcellius' shirt.