𝐈𝐈𝐈

--------------------

After the two had received all the information the could've gotten, they exited the house, about to return to the precinct.

Until Karl saw something out of the corner of its eye.

Or.. Someone.

"Detective..." Karl whispered to its partner, "Somebody's watching us."

His heartbeat suddenly rapidly increased, and Karl sensed his stress levels going up.

Dreams hand slowly crept towards his gun holster, not taking any chances.

He doesn't raise his gun, not wanting to scare away the creep; who is possibly the murder suspect.

The person quickly disappears into the distance within the snap of fingers, racing off as the two now started to dash towards the suspicious person. 

Due to Karl's short height and lightweight model, it gave them a slight advantage. The android jumps over obstacles that blocked their way, and the detective tried to catch up to the both of them.

As impressively fast as Dream was, he was no match to Karl. 

Block after block, the chase went on for eternity. Dream wanted to give up then, because his legs burned with exhaustion and his lungs were trying its best to maintain oxygen levels. Sweat was running down his face like a river, and he was drenched in his own sweat.

They ran all the way until they reached an alleyway, guarded off by a fence.

They thought this would be it.

That they would catch this person.

Karl cornered the person, who stood still, waiting for something.

"What? Has this bastard finally-"

BANG!

There was a loud, echoing gunshot that had came from an unknown direction. Two footsteps were heard running away from the scene, and Karl couldn't bring itself to chase after the two responsible perpetrators. 

"KARL! GET THEM, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" He yelled, wincing at the throbbing, burning sensation of his gunshot wound. Luckily, the bullet hadn't hit a vital organ; it managed to hit his upper thigh, however. 

"No, detective. Your safety is far more important as of right now." 

"You imbecile of a machine! You are fucking broken?! I'll survive this!" He snaps, losing his temper. He hadn't felt this enraged towards something before, and it sure made his blood boil.

"Detective, I-"

"Shut up." Dream hisses, "It's all your fault they got away."

"I-" Karl stuttered, and what looked like real tears started to form in its eyes. "I'm sorry."

Dream lets out a discontent sound, ignoring the android's fake tears. It was all an illusion, to make people think that they were human.

But really, they weren't. 

So.. Why did they express so much emotions?

Dream felt frustrated at the situation, and it wasn't just because of the escaped suspects.

--------------------