Chapter fourteen

Lynn POV

I awake to the smell of French toast filling my nostrils. Which renders me curious because as far as I was concerned, Joe doesn't cook. Once I finally will myself out of bed, I see a cart by the door. I get up to go and see what it was, picking up the card beside it. It read:

"Today, I feed you. Eat up and head downstairs to your chariot. We must get you ready for the ball ;)"

I giggled at how corny it was, but I loved the effort. I put the card down, and lift the silver dome off of my food and smile. It was French toast, my breakfast favorite. I get to chowing down on that and my glass of orange juice. I had about an hour and a half before my hair appointment, which usually I would take my time for but I can't risk it with their traffic. So after I eat, I quickly just find some cotton shorts and a graphic T to throw on and my vans before grabbing my things and heading downstairs. My guess was that Joe too was getting himself ready for the ball which is why I didn't get the chance to see him.

Once I get downstairs, I go towards the entrance and some back dressed in a nice black suit waves me over.

"Ms. Lynn Berri?" I nod. "I have been assigned as your driver today and as Mr. Anoai said, "Your chariot awaits." He smiles and I'm not even gonna lie, him being a somewhat older black man made me comfortable. He reminded me of one of my uncles to be honest. He opens the door for me and I hop in before he closes it and hops in the driver seat. "Where to?"

"Um the salon is called 'Hair Magic', near the selfie museum." He nods in the rear view and we were off.

..............

After I was done getting my hair done and forcing Joe's driver to take my tip because Joe decided to pay for my hair as well, I was back at the hotel sitting just passing time talking to Tanya and Dreya.

I really liked my hair, it was way too hot for something long, so I opted for a side part bob

I really liked my hair, it was way too hot for something long, so I opted for a side part bob. I left my curlers in so that my curls wouldn't fall down as I waited to get ready. Joe still hadn't came back to the room so my guess was that he was putting his final touches on this ball. Speaking of him, a call comes in...

"Hello?"

"Hey Lynn, what are you doing? I'm sorry I had to rush out so early I kind of had to deal with some issues with the event but its all getting handled right now."

"That's good and I'm fine. Thanks for everything this morning it was really sweet."

"Anything for you, hey, I have one more thing for you that you're gonna need and I know you're probably thinking "oh here he goes again, I don't need it" but I'm gonna do it anyways so check under my pillow in the room😘."

I roll my eyes playfully at the fact that he's still gonna buy whatever regardless of my rants to not spend so much on me. I go to the room and check under his pillow fining a jewelry box. Once I open it, I gasp at the set of earrings and necklace inside.