0.0

January 2020

"Matisse Thybulle for THREE!!!"

Fans in Wells Fargo Center erupt in cheers as the Sixers make their way to the opposite side of the court to play defense. After the spectacular shot he just made, Matisse finds himself guarding Kyle Lowry on the other side of the ball.

His thought process throughout the course of the season is simple. Go out there, play his ultimate best, stay out of foul trouble, and leave it all on the floor. It's safe to say he's gassed after every game. This is the game he loves though, and he won't stop until he can't dribble no more.

At the end of the game, he finds himself sitting before an audience of reporters. All waiting to ask him a stupid question or two. In the back of his mind however, he wanted to get together with a few of the guys and just vibe.

He's able to do that after taking six questions.

"You guys are deliberately trying to get me caught up." Matisse comments, shaking his head at his teammates.

"Your decisions are solely your own." Ben smirks, opening the door to his Rolls Royce.

Matisse rolls his eyes at that comment. He was aware of his decisions, he just didn't care that much to reevaluate them.

He takes a minute to scroll through his phone before putting his car on drive. Then he's making his way to the club.

As soon as the players walk in, women are throwing themselves at them. The guys accept their invitations, even if they don't want to. But guys will be guys.

"There's a fine one at the bar, Tisse. I think she'll be perfect for you." Ben nudges his teammate with a grin.

"Stop." Matisse brushes him off, giving a grin of his own.

Ben shrugs. "It'll be your loss then."

Matisse purses his lips as he takes in the women at the bar. The two of them seemed to be too occupied in their discussion to even notice the ball players.

Danielle sat beside her friend Natalie, taking down shots like they were water.

"Slow down girl." Natalie giggles. "You need your liver."

Danielle takes down one more shot of tequila before shrugging at Natalie's comment.

"The weekends call for these type of things." Danielle mumbles.

"Do you seriously think you won't get in?" Natalie asks her. "Because you're a great dancer Dani."

"There are people out there that are better than me Nat." Danielle counters.

"That doesn't mean shit to me, and it shouldn't to you either." Natalie defends. "You've worked your entire life for this. Don't let the doubt get to you now."

Danielle nods in agreement with her friend.

Before either of them can say another word, a very tall man is grabbing Natalie's attention.

"Pardon the interruption, but I just had to come over and say something to you." Ben smirked. "You look absolutely stunning tonight."

Natalie glances at Danielle but she's gaping at Ben. Then she looks at Natalie.

"Would you care to dance?" Ben asked Natalie.

Natalie whipped around to face him, gaping before nodding yes. She glanced back at Danielle as the two made their way onto the floor, who in return only gave her a thumbs up.