0.9

Danielle Davis

I was in the studio waiting on my partner for the duet dance. I had already stretched and got myself prepared, but I don't mind stretching again when he gets here.

Yes, it's a he.

His name is Raegan, and it's told that he's an exceptional dancer at the program. I really look forward to working with him throughout my time here, if he's as good as they say he is.

When he finally arrives, I'm sitting on the floor by my bag with my legs in the butterfly position. I was writing in my journal as well.

"Hello." He greets.

I look up and smile. "Hi."

I close my journal and put it away. Then I stand up.

"How are you this afternoon?" He asked, placing his bag down on the floor.

"Anxious and tired." I reply honestly.

He nods in understanding.

"I remember my first time here. I was feeling the exact same." He said. "Don't worry though, the feeling bypasses with time."

I nod.

"Okay." He claps his hands. "Before we get started, I would like to get to know you a little better."

"Okay." I agree.

"So tell me about yourself. Who is Danielle Davis? Why do you love to dance?" He says, then stands with his hands behind his back.

I giggle at the way he asks who am I. It sounded like the way directors name titles of Broadway shows.

"I am a 22 year old woman who still lives with her parents, but I'm trying to change that." I answer with a sigh. "I love animals, and I'm normally a happy person. I don't have too many bad days, but when I do, I try not to let it consume me."

He nods. "And why do you love to dance?"

"I feel a sense of freedom when I'm dancing." I say. "Like everything around me at the moment doesn't exist. That includes whatever may be going on outside of that."

He nods again. "Any love interest?"

I laugh at that question. "Not at this exact moment."

He grins as he nods.

"I am interested in someone though." I smile a little. "He's a really good guy, but I'm not sure how long I should wait for him to make a move."

"If he likes you as much as you do, then I'm sure things will work out." He encourages.

I nod. Then he breathes out, breaking the tension.

"I'm Reagan Shaw. I'm 26 years old. I've been dancing for Martha Graham's school for a little over five years now. I love animals as well, and I have an allergy to peanuts." He said.

I nod again.

"Do you have any love interests?" I ask him jokingly.

"I have a thing for a few celebrities." He says. "My favorite right now is Liam Hemsworth."

I smile at that. "He is a handsome man."

"Isn't he?!" He exclaims.

I laugh as he fans himself.

"But now that we're a little more acquainted, we can get started with our choreography." He says.

I nod at that, liking my new partner already.