CHAPTER-11

Aanya's P.O.V

Aanya get up this instant or you'll be late" amma said shouting.

"Arre amma let me sleep na please. Don't trouble me" I said.

"Oh God what do I do with this girl. She is so irresponsible. She doesn't even remember her own interview.

"Interview? What interview amma?" I asked confused.

"Great Aanya you have forgotten that today is your job interview. If you remain this irresponsible then no one will hire you" amma said shouting.

Then I remembered today is the day of my interview my job interview.

"OH FUCK!!! Its 9:30 I completely for got about the interview. I don't know why this stupid alarm didn't ring. I swear I set an alarm for 8" I said not realizing  that amma is still in the room.

"What language is this Aanya. Do you have no respect and shame at all. The first thing in the morning you do is use such language" amma started scolding me.

Without paying any attention to my mothers scolding I rushed into the bathroom took a shower and got ready for my interview. In the bathroom while showering I practiced my speech at least 10 times. Oh My God! I'm so nervous I hope I don't fuck up this interview.

After getting ready I looked myself in the mirror and told myself, "You cannot fuck this up okay you've got this, you can do this".

Once I finished giving that motivational speech to myself I took my phone and went down to breakfast. I noticed that no one was there. Dad is always up by 8:30 max 9, and today he said he'll drop me for the interview.

I thought that he maybe getting ready and sat on the couch and turned on my phone. What I saw on my phone shocked me. The time was 7. I then realized what my great mother had done and why my alarm hadn't rung till now.

"Amma its only 7. Which means you woke me up at 6. I could have got some more sleep" I said angrily.

"If I wouldn't have woken you now and like that then you would get up at your own sweet time and everyone here knows how much time to get ready" amma said.

"I wouldn't have besides I had decided my outfit for today in advance. I could have slept for some more time" I said.

"Aanya don't argue with me you are extremely irresponsible. You need to take little responsibility of your own life. Don't take everything so lightly" Amma said irritated.

"How can you say that amma I have been and am responsible enough and that why I took up CA and if I was not responsible enough how did I clear all exams in the first attempt. And amma I am 23 years old now you have to stop treating me like I'm a child" I said equally irritated.

"Great now along with being irresponsible you are being disrespectful too. Is that how I've raised you" amma questioned me.

"Seriously amma sometimes I really fail to understand you. God only knows whats happened to you and nanna after coming back from Dodammas house. You are behaving so strange and secretive. I have been noticing that all of a sudden you have been telling me behave properly when this exactly the way  I used to behave and never before has it bothered you, then why all of a sudden" I told tears threating to spill out of  my eyes.