The beginning of everything

*

*

*

When Rosalia entered the Garrison pub, none of the Shelbys brothers was there. A bit disappointed that she had taken a risk for nothing, she sighed. Rosalia could still get over to their house, but she decided to grab a drink since she was at the pub. Rosalia swiftly moved to the counter, greeting Harry Fenton before serving her a whiskey and leaving for another client. The pub was lively, and the barmaid was up on a chair, singing in the corner of the room. Rosalia took her time observing the woman.

Obviously, Rosalia had seen the blonde woman before. Still, her little birds had told her that the blonde had been recently hired, saying she used to be a barmaid somewhere in Ireland. The woman looked lovely, yet Rosalia kept studying her with cold, calculating eyes despite the barmaid's friendly attitude towards the clients. Maybe it was petty jealousy, Rosalia thought to herself. After all, it was known that Thomas liked the blonde. Rosalia discreetly looked down at her own curls. Dark, almost black hair. Rosalia snorted, mocking her own behaviour. She was ridiculous; she didn't need to compare herself to anyone, and she shouldn't.

Rosalia stayed at the counter for a while, listening to the barmaid's singing until the barmaid left her spot to go back behind the counter. The blonde eyed Rosalia for a moment before slowly stepping her way.h

"Good evening," the blonde greeted Rosalia with a sweet smile that she automatically returned. However, the blonde slightly shivered at Rosalia's jet, icy eyes.

"I'm Grace," she presented herself. "I've seen you around a lot, and it's quite unusual to see a woman here." She looked at her longly before continuing. "Especially when they look like you."

Rosalia raised an eyebrow, unsure if it was a compliment or a critic.

"Oh, sorry! It sounded wrong," she exclaimed apologetically. "I meant it in the best way."

"Sure," Rosalia murmured, looking at the woman slightly amused. She wondered what Grace wanted, it wasn't her first time here, with or without the Shelbys, and she never had taken the time to talk to her before.