New Alliances - Part 2

The meeting with the Lees hadn't concluded on anything, to Rosalia's deception. Still, she had the opportunity to breathe some fresh air.

It was now Friday morning, around seven in the morning. Millia was probably waiting downstairs for her, but Rosalia was yet to be ready. Earlier, she had convinced Samuel to join them, primarily because the man was infatuated with Millia and didn't want her to be harmed.

Her eyes lingered long over the green dress lying on her bed, waiting for her to wear it. It was one of the prettiest dresses she ever owned. A beautiful piece of silk and cotton in deep emerald green. She would wear it with its matching jacket and a small grey hat, not her usual fedora, something apparently more feminine. For the occasion, she also bought a new pair of shoes. Too bad this pretty ensemble was for a meeting with such grim character, she thought, slightly shuddering at the inspector's memory. Luckily, she shouldn't need to interact with him. Only Thomas would talk to the man. She would be there only to make sure he was safe.

Polly was right. Thomas knew nothing of the upper class's world despite his grand ambitions. It would probably be his first time there. Moreover, it could only serve her. Helping Thomas might help him decide if he wanted an alliance with her or not.

Chiding herself to move, she quickly wore her dress, then her jacket - she would leave her holster and guns home since it wouldn't be good if someone saw her with them in the middle of a tea party. Instead, she hid her knives in her jacket's pockets and added one on her thigh. She then took her time coifing her hair, letting some locks out of her bun before adding a dark red lipstick to her lips. She carefully observed herself in the mirror, adding the grey hat and some jewellery before leaving her room and heading downstairs.

Sure enough, Millia and Samuel were waiting for her. The young woman wore a light blue dress with a matching jacket and a black hat above her dark hair. Samuel was wearing one of his best three-piece suits, a silver one, with a black fedora and a black coat.

Millia seemed excited, and Rosalia quietly observed her interaction with her friend. The man appeared to have no trouble handling the delighted girl. Rosalia softly smiled; they were good for each other. She cleared her throat, making herself known.