The Fox & The Shrimp

I woke up, my headache gone. I stretched and got up, I rubbed my eyes as I trudged to the bathroom with a set of clothes. After a long warm shower I walked-no skipped out of Fairy Hills, and straight to the guild.

"Levy-Chan I heard what happened, are you okay?!" Lu-Chan said almost to quickly for me to understand.

"Yeah I'm fine" I waved her off when I saw Master Makarov call me over, I saw Gajeel standing behind him arms crossed.

"Yeah Master?" I asked, keeping myself from looking at Gajeel.

"You and Gajeel are going on a mission, there has be some trouble in a island near here." He said, crossing his arms behind his back, "go get packed both of you, you leave next morning" he walked off. I glanced a Gajeel, he grinned, and patted me on the head.

"be ready to go as soon as possible, Shrimp" he smirked when I swatted his hands away.

"I'm not a shrimp, and I'll be ready when I want to be ready!" I shouted, but not to loud and quickly walked off. Stupid Gajeel, I'm not a shrimp I thought bitterly.

"Levy-chan aren't you worried about working with Gajeel? Again." Lu-Chan added and I smiled.

"No, I know he wouldn't hurt me" I glanced at Gajeel, who was taking to Juvia as she melted over gray.

"Gah! Juvia your getting the floor wet!" Gajeel shouted and Juvia snaped back to her senses and reformed back into human form.

"Oh Juvia is sorry! Juvia was looking at her dear gray" she said, her voice turning into a coo at the end.

"Well Lu-Chan I got to go pack, see you soon" I called after her as I run out the guild hall. I bumped into Gajeel at the doorway, blushing a bit.

"Oh what are you doing here" I said quietly, looking at the ground.

"Walking you home" he shrugged and started to walk towards FairyHills.

"Wh- really!?" I asked catching up to him.

"Levy you got attacked yesterday, I'm not going to let that happens again" he said, turning towards me, his hand grabbed my arm, below the shoulder. "I won't ever let you get hurt again I promise"

"I-" I was speechless, Gajeel quickly let me go and crossed his arms again.

"Come on shrimp, I'll help you pack." He said, we then walked in silence until we got to my home. I pulled my house key but dropped it, before it could fall to the ground, a black cat grabbed it.

"Oh hey Lily!" I said surprised and took the key. I fumbled with the lock, but got the door open. Gajeel and Lily talked as we walked through the maze of book shelves.

"There is way to many books here" Gajeel grumbled and I chuckled.

"There is no such thing as to many books" I replied as I started to pack.

"Yes there is." He stated blankly as he took the blanket from my bed, threw it at me and I stuffed it into my bag. "Hm I remember this" he muttered.

I turned around to see him holding the head band I wore on the S-Class wizard trip and I smiled. "Um yeah it my favorite head band, i could never get rid of it." Gajeel eyed my, smirked and set it down.

"C'mon hurry up shrimp, I want to go beat up some monsters" Gajeel pounded his fist together, grinning and i just rolled my eyes. I quickly packed and swung and bag over my shoulder, and turned towards Gajeel.

"Ready" I smiled and skipped out the door, but someone grabbed the top of my bag and i fell back. "Gajeel!" I snapped. He smirked and snatched the bag from me.

"Its to heavy for you, ill carry it." He brushed past me and I scrambled up.

"fine" I muttered quietly and followed after him, and started to talk to Lily. When the train station came into view I smiled and jogged the rest of the way, but saw Gajeels disappointment.

"What?" Gajeel snapped, narrowing his eyes at me. I slowed down and soon stop, turning a look at him.

"We can walk, then ride a boat, it might take longer but if you dont want to-" I began.

"Its fine!" He snapped and started to walked again and soon past me. I huffed and narrowed my eyes at him, then followed him slowly, not saying a word. After we got on the train, Gajeel looked aweful, like he was about to throw up. I grimaced at the though of that and then sat down next to him, smiling.

"what? I thought you were made at me" He groaned, looking at me through the corner of his eye.

"Oh i am, but that doesnt mean i want you to be miserable." I smiled again, closing my eyes innocently. He just grunted in response. After a while he fel asleep, and the train took a shark turn and his head fell into my lap, but didnt wake him. I glanced at Lily, who shrugged grinning. I sighed and soon rested my hand on his hair, then unconsciouly started to ran my hand through his hair. I could feel his cheek tug, he was smiling! I hesitated then started to do it again, and looked out of the window. I felt a small pain on my hand and i reered my head on Gajeel. "I- Ow Gajeel that hurts." I stuttered and then tried to yank my hand away.

"What were you doing?" He narrowed his eyes up at me, then slowly rose his head.

"You- I, the train took a sharp turn. You- um fell into my lap and- i- um." I kept stuttering, the heat rising to my cheeks.

He glanced at Lily, whom was smirking and i gave him a threatening glare and he chuckled, shaking his head. Suddenly Gajeel looked sick again.

"If you want you can lay your head in my lap again. You looked alot more a peace then you do now!" I added quickly, blushing even more. Gajeel nodded slowly, closed his eyes nad laid his head down again. After a while he fell asleep and so did I, but it was a restless sleep.