xiii

FINLEY

I took a seat in the back of the class, setting my backpack on the empty seat beside me, a little hopeful that no one would occupy the seat just yet. I felt a bit uneasy venturing out of my horizons and seizing the opportunity to become somewhat of a better writer. My eyes flickered to the whiteboard, the swift words Writing Fiction 101 were scribbled in a rushed manner.

Oh boy. Oh boy.

A slightly breathy voice spoke, snapping me out of my thought. "Hey, is someone sitting here?" I turned my head sideways to meet a pair of sweet and luminous dark brown eyes studying me. I couldn't help but in complete awe at how gorgeous the young woman looked.

Her skin was a deep richly shade of expresso, her stare wide-eyed and firm as it held mine, lifting my gaze, drawing me in. She was tall, and slender with big dark eyes and a cascade of straight midnight-black hair, like pools of pure black ink sat perfectly upon her shoulders.

        Dressed in a high waisted black pencil skirt that clung onto her body, revealing her curvy, almost plump shape. A white, button-up, short-sleeve blouse and shiny black peep-toe heels finished off her look and popped against the deep bronze of her skin.

Her ink-black hair was pinned to one side, and her lips were lacquered in a lighter shade of brown similar to her heels. Her dark eyes glanced up at me through her thick lashes, and I was literally breathless at how beautiful she was.

        I want to steal her eyelashes.

"Oh my baby Jesus! You're so beautiful," I gushed, both of my palms against my beet cheeks, still in complete awe of the beauty that stood still in front of me. Her smooth, dark cheek extended into a curved smile displaying her straight perfect pearly whites. "Oh yeah. You can sit here, if you want? You don't.. you don't have to.... Unless you do?"

She let out a rich chuckle, occupying the seat next to me. "Thank you. You're beautiful as well. Nice jeans."

        "Thank you." I beamed widely. "Oh! Oh! I got them from this thrift shop and they have really really nice jeans and bracelets but I only buy my jeans there. I promise they're not really expensive and you can buy more than one. They're really comfortable and snugly and... and I'm rambling again." I paused, inhaling a deep shaky breath before continuing. Sorry sorry, I can't help it, I get excited easily."

        "It's cute. You don't have to be fucking sorry for that." The gorgeous girl winked at me which made me giggle slightly. "Presley."

        "I'm Finley. O-or... or you can call me Finnie or Fin, or Bambi.... well only my brothers call me that. Well... you can call me anything you want." I said with a excited smile, my feet bopping up and down unable to contain my excitement.

        Oh my baby Jesus, have I just made a friend?!

        Octavius is going to be so proud of me. Yay.

I quickly brought out my phone and tapped the first contact that appeared on my screen. Babycakes. What if he doesn't care? Stop overthinking it. No more of that. Just tell him.

f: hi! how is your day going?

        babycakes: What do you want?