Chapter Four

Dinner was...eventful to say at least.

I met the last four remaining siblings, Marie, Alexander Jax and Jackson. Marie was exactly like Andrew, cold and stern, Alexander smiled at me and that was it, Jax looked like he wanted to hit me and throw me in the pool and Jackson just looked at me weirdly and left.

The conclusion I drew is that the only people I'd maybe get along in this house were Tom and Elizabeth. And I say maybe because next thing I know they're the exact opposite and I don't have any supporters in here.

I sat towards the end of the table and I didn't really speak, except from when I was asked a few questions about my accomodations and any other things I'd need. Otherwise I was left alone and they resumed in their conversations. I had no idea what they were speaking of and I had no desire to know.

I didn't feel hurt they didn't include me in, obviously, I didn't want to play a fake family sitcom either. It only angered me because they brought me here against my will and everyone, except two people, did absolutely nothing to make me feel welcomed. If they didn't want me here, then what?

If they're rich, they could be potentially famous so it could be for the public eye. Elizabeth said she's an actress and I wouldn't be surprised if there are more people here in this field.

The possibility that she's acting kind crossed my mind but I tried to avoid overthinking. I didn't want to go down that path again. I was still wary yes but this overthinking would affect me deeply.

So, I didn't speak to any of them and just continued eating. Pushing any feelings in the back of my mind, I concluded that they had a nice bond between each other. Natalia and Liam looked like a normal cpuple in love and not like one in the middle of divorce and the rest of my siblings teased each other about things I had no idea of and laughed a lot.

Okay I should stop thinking now because I'd cry and then I'd get frustrated.

See that's the problem with me. I plan to stay away from them because I don't want to grow attached to people that I wouldn't last long with. But in the same time, whoever adult is around me, I get attached and not to mention, if they show me the smallest of affection like Tom and Elizabeth, I'm officially done.

This was the frustrating part.

“Are you okay?”

Tom had put his hand on my shoulder and I turned to face him with a tight smile, “Yeah, I'm almost done.”

He glanced at my half empty plate, “Did you not take any salad?”

I frowned a little, “No, I don't really eat salad.”

“You don't like it?”

“I'm just not used to it.”

“You're a child,” he spoke and I really had to fight the urge to roll my eyes. “You need healthy food and especially greens. I heard of your unhealthy eating habits and I absolutely refuse to let you go on like that.”

“But—

“Uh, uh,” he shook his head and reached to put salad in my plate along with a little more food. Those people are determined to make me throw up at this point. “Eat. You're not even fourteen, you're growing up and you need healthy food to grow.”

“Are you a doctor or something?” I groaned and reached for my fork.

“Yes,” he replied and if I was drinking water, I'd have chocked. “And it's doctor's orders that you eat healthier.”

I looked around the table and no one had noticed our interaction, thank god because I'd have died from embarrassment if they had seen this unfolding.

It took me twenty minutes to finish everything he put (and imagine it wasn't even a lot) and everyone was waiting for me to finish which made me so uncomfortable but I couldn't eat more quickly because I'd throw up right then and it'd be more embarrassing than knowing they're waiting for me.