ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ... ғɪsʜ?

•°• ✾ •°•

Third P.O.V

The sun was at its peak telling us that it was around lunchtime for the travelers.

Aether and Paimon are on a patrol around Falcon Coast, clearing camps of hilichurls and slimes here and there. After spending their day dealing with the creatures they settled resting by the beach.

"What a long day has it been. Ugh, Paimon's hungry." The fairy exclaimed rubbing her belly, to which Aether side-eyed the fairy who show no signs of bursting.

"You have been non-stop eating our food since we started patrolling and now you're hungry again? Where did all the food go? You're not even showing signs of growing." Aether teased crossing his arms which Paimon only laughed and looked away.

The blonde let out a sigh and began removing his shoes. since they are at the beach the boy is planning to catch fish and crabs for them to eat. The two exchanged words, mostly of complaints and insults when something or someone caught their eyes. They quickly head to the unconscious person, disregarding the fishes and crabs that they caught on a rock. 

Of course, for later to cook.

"I-Is it still alive?! GAHH! Their head is bleeding!" 

Aether carefully took the hand of the person to check their pulse, making the fairy grow nervous with each second. The blonde finished checking and faced Paimon with an despondent look. The child took it as a sign that the person is... To which she began telling Aether to report this to the headquarters immediately. Paimon stopped in her sentence when she noticed Aether grinning and holding his laugh at himself.

"Y-You distorted sun! Don't scare Paimon like that!" Then she began hitting Aether on the head only to be held back by his hand.

"Don't worry, they're still alive, though what could have happened for them to be in this situation? There are no islands across from here, just a vast ocean." He held his chin gazing at the vast water in front of him.

"Maybe they fell off from a ship or something? That's the only thing Paimon can think of if they ended up here." Scratching her head as she hovered over the body. Curious as there's a large piece of fabric covering the person's lower body. She removed it only for the two to widen their eyes.

"Wa- I-Its h-half... FISH! Aether this isn't a person, this is a FISH!"

"Don't be ridiculous Paimon, if they're a fish what makes you then? A fish too since I reeled you back then from the waters?" The blonde remarked.

"This is no time for jokes! Take this seriously or I'll give you a very ugly nickname!" To the Paimons displeasure, he crouched and began observing the person before him.

Long disheveled glistening h/c hair, adorned with small white pearls, s/c skin with scales trailing from their chest to its tail in the shade of f/c fading to a/f/c with big transparent iridescent fins.

The sight was so aethereal that it made the blonde speechless. 

'How can such a being- no, a person be so beautiful yet exotic.'

While the two were busy in their minds. The person before them began to stir and groan, a sign of consciousness. The two snapped out of their thoughts and backed up. The person opened their eyes slowly revealing gem-like e/c hues that could allure you to the depths of the ocean. 

Eyes wide, a red tint crept to Aether's face, the fairy beside him was all down speechless, the person sits up slowly before holding their bleeding head and let out another groan. The blonde again snapped out from his daze. 

"H-Hey, are you alright? Do you remember anything what happened to you?" The fairy asked while the person looked around them before looking up to Aether. A sudden pain throb in the person's head making them hiss as the two were even more worried. The blonde could not sit still. 

"Pardon me for this." With his swift mighty arm he carried the person away from shore and placed them on a large flat rock not too far, summoned his bag and took out bandages as he began to treat the person's head carefully. This made them flinch in pain at the contact but let them be. The blonde noticed this so he quickly finished wrapping.

After that, he leaned away from them scanning for any more injuries until his face began to turn beet red as he just noticed that the person was a girl all along, accidentally his eyes traveling to her bare chest. Of course, her hair was covering the parts still he's a boy, he has manners so he quickly looked away and took out a large fabric and draped it to the girl's body. 

"Ehem, now that's done. What is your name?

•°• ✾ •°•