ғɪsʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ

•°• ✾ •°•

Aether headed straight to the Acting Grandmasters' office after the flustering episode earlier. Standing right in front of the door, he knocked twice, announcing his presence.

"Come in."

The voice behind the door announced. Aether entered then stopped right before the table of the acting grandmaster, Jean Gunnhildr.

"Hey, Jean." Aether greeted them

The ash-blonde lady looked up from what she was doing, seeing the honorary knight in front of her. Jean greeted him with a smile.

"It's you, Honorary Knight. I heard that you brought a guest that you stumbled upon on patrol. Amber reported it to me." Jean mentioned before glancing back to her work, finishing the stack of paperwork that is just never-ending.

"Yes about that, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll take responsibility while she is here." Aether calmly spoke.

"It's all right, I trust you and Paimon with your choices. Also, i was wondering when will you start your journey to Liyue?"

"That, I'm still planning. I have some things to do before leaving."

"I see. Do let me know when that matter comes." Both continued to talk for a couple of minutes before a knock interrupted their conversation.

"Come in."

"Hey, Jean! What's up?"

The door swung open as Paimon's voice greeted her, and Y/n was close behind now wearing a white frilly off-shoulder dress reaching her knees, sleeves reaching her wrist, brown flats. A simple look that matches her long h/c and gem-like e/c hues. Aether was a bit breath taken by the girls' appearance as he let out a small cough covering his face that was slightly a bit red.

"Hello, Paimon and guest." Jean warmly greeted as Paimon flew straight to Aether's side, leaving Y/n to stand at her place near the doorway.

Y/n fiddled her fingers, glancing at the acting grandmaster before turning to Aether, who was just watching Y/n as she slowly walked to his side when she tripped on her feet. 

Luckily, Aether caught her.

"Be careful now," Aether told Y/n, who sheepishly nodded as the blond helped her stand steadily. A cough was heard, Aether and Y/n's attention directed to Jean, who was now standing up from her desk as she warmly smiled at the girl before her, guiding her right hand to her chest, a gesture of introducing oneself.

"I'd like to introduce myself, guest of the Honorary Knight. I am Jean Gunnhildr, the acting grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius. If you are in a state of trouble, the knights will gladly lend a helping hand. "

Y/n had sparkles in her eyes as she slowly walked to Jean's table. The people inside the room, watched her movements when she reached and took out the quill pen from its ink bottle.

"Wow." 

The girl muttered as she was so mesmerized by the pen, analyzing it and started writing on her bare arm. Aether, Paimon, and Jean sweatdropped at the girl's action, but Jean was the only one visibly confused.

"This is Y/n, and she has memory loss when we helped her back at the Falcon coast. So Paimon and Aether here decided that we'd help Y/n for the time being." Paimon filled Jean, who was now in deep thought.

"I see, I assume you'll be taking Y/n along with your travels, Aether?" The male directed his attention to the curious h/c haired female who was now looking at the books.

"That i am still thinking, since i still have to talk about it to Y/n"

"Alright, i see" Jean nodded in understanding.

"But we'll be showing Y/n around Mondstat for the meantime. I still need to do something before night comes."

"I guess our time has come to an end. Let's continue our talk when we see each other around." As Jean ended, Aether nodded as he went to Y/n's side, along with Paimon floating beside him.

"Let's get going Y/n" The h/c haired lady looked at him as she tilted her head.

"We'll be sight-seeing Mondstat and making you taste the delicious food at Good Hunter! Ah, just imagining a serving of sticky honey roast makes Paimon's already hungry! Let's go hurry!" 

Paimon rushed the two as Aether held Y/n's arm for support and waved back to Jean, who smiled as she watched the three people leave her office. Her eyes linger for a minute at the closed doors before she sits back down and continues her eternity of paperwork.

•°• ✾ •°•