Why Sokeefe is the best

I did a rant contradicting this is the last chapter, but...

First of all, Fitz has proven again and again that he is not a very good boyfriend (PLEASE do not @ me about this (or run after me with pitchforks and knives XD), these are just my thoughts on the matter and they are not cannon). I do realize that he brings her gifts and stuff, but...he also put a time limit on the favor he owed her, probably knowing that she would be so stressed over everything she wouldn't be able to think of anything or whatever.

He can be very angry on some matters (like Alvar) and lets his anger get in the way of decisions. That can be seen in Flashback and Exile.

While he does have some good qualities, I think that he keeps hurting Sophie more than helping her on her journey. I don't think it would be a healthy relationship. He constantly judges her, and I've read a Sokeefe fanfic that talks about 'what if Fitz and Sophie were actually a thing, then Keefe helps Sophie, etc?' And it was SO TRUE. It talked about how if they were a thing, Fitz would probably be all controlling and if Sophie did a single thing wrong or whatever, he would yell at her. I couldn't help but think that if Keefe were with her, he would probably support her and would be happy to take her as she is, because she's SOPHIE.

Keefe can also help her with her anxiety, and all his decisions were regarding her (going to the Neverseen was so he can try and help take them down, as an example). He is the sort of person ready to take anything as long as it will keep the people he cares about safe.

Also, Sophie sees Fitz as a 'Captain Perfect' (as stated in the books) and can't see his faults. I don't think that's healthy. I also think that if she REALLY liked him, she probably wouldn't have worried about the Cognate exercises. I think if she did them with Keefe it wouldn't be like that. She ACTUALLY trusts him. I'm not saying she wouldn't have been embarrassed or whatever, but I think the stress level would have gone down. Also, keep in mind that she was actually considering saying no to Mr. Forkle when he suggested they become Cognates, and only agreed because 'Fitz looked so adorably excited'. Nah-ah, Sophie.

As for Keefe, she has seen behind his mask and knows who he truly is, and doesn't judge him for it. In fact, she supports him and helps him with his guilt.

Furthermore, (it is not stated directly), but some people think that the 'heart over mind matter' thing! links to Sokeefe. In her head she likes Fitz, but in her heart she truly likes Keefe. However, this is just a fan theory.

It is also stated that whenever he detects her emotions, he smiles like he's happy and knows something she doesn't. That could also be why he hasn't yet given up on his crush/romantic interest in her.