Chapter 9

(Hello everyone. I just wanted to apologize, these last few chapters have been tough to write. Originally I was going to end it here, but I got a request for more Mikasa and Eren moments, so I added that in to this chapter. I would also like to give a huge thank you to ErenxMikasa850, I appreciate your kindness and your feedback. Enjoy!)

Armin was somewhat unnerved by his friends laughter. "Um, Eren?" He said "are you still sane?". Eren gripped his shoulder. "Congrats buddy!" He said. "Can we just get going?" Daniel said impatiently. With heads held high and smiles on their faces. Their friends were shocked by the news. The mess Hall was alive with energy. Even Daniel was in a good mood, a small but sad smile on his face. At the table with Armin was Annie, Eren, Mikasa, Christa, Jean, Sasha, even Levy and Daniel. The hall was alive with cheery voices.

After things had quieted down a bit, only their table was left with people. Things had quieted down, and they were only making casual conversation. "E-excuse me" someone said. The people opposite Armin's side, Eren, Mikasa, Christa, Connie, and Daniel, looked behind themselves. Armin saw who they were looking at. A stunning young woman stood bashfully. She had golden blonde hair and emerald eyes. Her long sleeve dark green shirt was a little to big for her. Her dark yellow skirt was clutched by a little girl with brown hair. "I'm looking for a Daniel Roark" she said.

"That would be me" Daniel said standing up "and you are?". "I'm Alexis. I, uh, have a letter for you" she said producing an envelope from her pocket. "Who could possibly have written to me?" Daniel said, confused. He excepted the envelope. "This letter has been passed down in my family for generations, it's suposed to be given to a hero named Daniel Roark" she said. "Ma'am, I'm no hero" he stopped dead, he recognized this handwriting. "You know, you have the same name as one of my ancestors" she said "you even have our family's red eyes". "A-ancestor?" He said, a lump forming in his throat. "Yeah, he died before his wife told him she was pregnant" she said. "Th-thank you" Daniel said, noticing the kid "who's this?". "This is Juliet" she said. "Hey there" Daniel said to the girl. He was surprised to find his own red eyes starring back at him. She looked into his eyes and smiled. "Your eyes are just like mine" she said "I normally get made fun of by other kids because I'm the only one with red eyes". He smiled a bit, then patted her on the head. "Thank you" he said. "Your welcome" she said "are you sure we're not related?". "Distantly" Daniel said. "Well your welcome to visit us anytime" she said "Juliet seems to like you". With that, she left. Daniel removed the letter frim the envelope and unfolded it.

Daniel,

I've written this letter in hopes that one day you will read it. It's been two years since I saw you last. I gave birth to our child a year ago, I named him Samuel. He looks like a little you, he even has your ruby red eyes. I thought you were dead up until a month ago, when your scientist friend Leonard told me that you were frozen. I hope that I'll get to see you again, but I'll write this just in case. I love you, Daniel, more then anything. I'll never forget you,

Rachel.

Tears ran down Daniel's cheeks. He didn't know how else to respond to this. The others had no idea how to respond to this. Daniel slowly walked out of the mess hall, down the corridor, and into his room.

The hall was completely silent, it was as if time itself was frozen. No one wanted to speak, or knew what to say. Eren glanced over at Mikasa, who had a look of deep sorrow on her face. "Hey" Eren said in a sweet voice "are you okay?". Mikasa glanced over at Eren, then went back to starring at the table. One by one, people left the table and headed to bed, first Levi, followed by Christa. Next were Armin and Annie. Sasha had already fallen asleep, so Connie carried her to bed, then went to bed himself. Jean was the last to stumble away, already half asleep. Mikasa and Eren were the only two left. Mikasa had gradually snuggled closer to Eren over the course of the night, and he now had his arm around her. Eren knew something was bothering her. "Mikasa" Eren sighed "tell me the truth, what's bothering you". "It's Daniel" she said "his story scared me". She pressed herself harder against Eren. "I can't stop thinking 'what if I lose you like he lost her'" she cried "I don't want to lose you, and it scares me how real the possibility of that happening is". Mikasa cried silently into Eren's shirt. Eren rubbed her back up and down. "You won't lose me" Eren said in a calming voice that he didn't even know he was capable of "I promise you, there's no way I'll die". "You can't say that for certain" she sobbed, looking up into his eyes. "Yes I can, I can survive anything if it means coming back to you" Eren said "because I......I...". Mikasa's face became red. Eren wanted to tell her want he was thinking so badly, but the words got stuck in his throat. He swallowed hard, took a deep breath, then spoke. "I love you, Mikasa" he said. Mikasa leaned up and kissed Eren passionately. She broke away, looking up at Eren with happiness on her face. "I love you too" she said, kissing him again. Her tongue invaded his mouth, surprising Eren. She gripped him tighter and tighter, which was making it hard to breathe. They only broke away so they could catch their breath. "I'm going to bed" Eren yawned "care to accompany me?". "Y-yeah" Mikasa said. They stood up and began to head back to the room they had been staying in. Mikasa grabbed Eren's hand and held it tight. Eren held hers as well, just not as tight.

Once they were in the room, they removed their Jackets and boots. It had begun to rain, which was audible through the window. Eren flopped down onto his back, making the bed creek. Mikasa crawled shyly onto the bed next to him. She was acting so cute that Eren snatched her up and pulled her close. "Eren....I've waiting do long for this" she said, hugging him tightly "I've waited so long for you to hold me like this". "I'm sorry I made you wait" Eren said, kissing her forehead. "I'm glad I did" Whispered Mikasa. Eren pulled the covers over them, which were previously tangled Around their ankles. "Goodnight Mikasa" he whispered "I love you". "I love you too" she mumbled into his shirt. With that, they laid together silently. They listen to the gentle rain as they slowly nodded off to sleep.