Chapter 6

Sasha, Christa, Connie, and Jean were on walking out of the mess hall, deep in conversation. "That was rude Connie!" Christa scolded "asking him about his family!". "I just....wasn't thinking" Connie said. "I don't think we can trust him" Jean said. "Why not?" Sasha asked. "His eyes, they might be red, but I can still see what's behind them" Jean said "the same look Annie used to have, and a lust for vengeance". "That's deep, man" Connie said. A noise unfamiliar to them began to reverberate down the corridor. "What is that?" Sasha asked. "It's......enchanting" Christa said. "It's coming from over there" Connie said, pointing to an open door. They all peered in. Daniel was sitting upright on his bed, his back leaning against the headboard. In his hands was a strange object none of them had ever seen. It looked like an oddly shaped box with a large hole in it. It had six strings which overlapped the hole, and continued up a stick to the top of it. It appeared to be made of wood. Daniel's right hand pressed the strings against the stick, and his left strummed them where the hole was. He took a deep breath and his lips parted.

"Take me down to the river bend

Take me down to the fightings end

Wash the poison from off my skin

And show me how to be whole again

Fly me up on a silver wing

Past the black where the sirens sing

Warm me up in the nova glow

And drop me down to the dreams below

Because I'm only a crack in this castle of glass

Hardly anything there for you to see

For you to see"

He was singing. His voice wasn't the normal growl he spoke in, it was soft and gentle. The object emitted a pleasing melody.

"Take me home in the blinding dream

Through the secrets that I have seen

Wash the s-"

Connie tripped and fell into the room, revealing everyone who had been listening. He sprang off his bed, his face cold, but you could tell he was angry. His red gaze intimidated each and every one of them. "I'll let your imposition go this time" he hissed "but next time I won't be so nice". "To be fair" Connie smarted off "you left your door open". "Leave" Daniel growled. They fled, except for Sasha. "Um, w-why don't you come, uh, with me and, uh, g-get used to a-all the changes?" Sasha asked. "Are you asking me on a date?" He said with an unchanging expression. "Um, I-I guess" she stuttered. "Not interested" he said, and shut his door. "Well, it was worth a shot" she sighed, and went to go find the others.

Eren sat alone in the mess hall. He was wondering what would happen now that Daniel had been brought here. "Oh, I didn't know you were in here, Eren" someone said from the door. Eren was surprised, it was Annie. "I figured you'd be with Armin" Eren said. "I accidentally fell asleep earlier today, so I'm not quite ready for bed" she said. "Ahh" Eren said. She sat down opposite him. "What do you think of Daniel?" Eren asked. "He's a powder keg" Annie replied "and a dangerous one at that. I'm willing to bet he's really strong, considering he was kept alive for over eight centuries".

"Are you worried?"

"No"

"I don't trust him"

"....likewise"

"Do you....do you think he might have been the first titan shifter?"

"It's possible"

"I-"

"Quiet, someone's coming"

Daniel appeared in the doorway. He said nothing as he walked across the hall and sat in the corner. He took a swig of whatever he was drinking. They sat in silence for a while. "I have a few questions for you" Annie said, breaking the silence "Daniel". He remained silent. "Why were you in that facility?" She questioned. He was still silent. *oh great * Eren thought *if he keeps this up she's gonna get pissed*. She repeated the question, but got the same results. "Answer me" she ordered. He glared up at her, it was like a contest to see who could look more angry. "I'll make you a deal" Daniel said standing up "if you can beat me, I'll answer any of your questions". "Your on!" Annie said, smirking.

Armin ran as fast as his legs would take him. Mikasa had woken him up and told him that Annie was about to fight Daniel. Mikasa had finally caught up to him. "Armin" she said "Annie will be fine". Armin ignored her, he would worry about his girlfriend no matter what.

The courtyard was illuminated by torchlight. The first thing Armin saw was Annie in her fighting stance. Eren stood on the sidelines. "Eren!" Armin said "did you even try to talk her out of this!?". "You didn't see the look in her eye" Eren said "something about this guy really bothers her". Armin glanced at Daniel, he showed no sign of change, he just stood there. "Are you ready?" Annie asked, her voice cold and ruthless. He cracked his knuckles, then his neck. He made a sort of gesture by flexing his fingers, almost as if he was saying "bring it on". "He really shouldn't taunt her like that" Eren said, almost as if he was talking to himself. She charged forward with incredible speed. She threw her first punch, which Daniel dodged at the last second. However, Annie was ready and was quick with her follow-up attack, which Daniel easily avoided. She threw a barrage of attacks, which were either blocked or evaded. The audience was awestruck that someone other then Mikasa could hold their own against Annie. Armin could tell she was getting aggravated. *just calm down* Armin thought *your anger is dulling your skills*. She threw another punch, and Daniel grabbed her wrist. She threw another, but he grappled and sent her stumbling away. "Why won't you fight back!?" she growled. "Where I come from we don't hit women" he answered. She charged and threw her hardest punch yet. Daniel blocked once more, and using his palm, sent her across the courtyard. She fell on her back, knocking the wind out of her. "That's enough!" Armin shouted. "No" Annie muttered, stumbling to her feet "I will not be beaten". She lunged at Daniel, but he moved to fast. His fist hit her hard in the gut, and her chin rested on his shoulder. "Your boyfriend is right, Annie" Daniel whispered "it's over".  Annie fell to the ground, defeated. Armin dashed to her side. "Annie?" He said, holding her in his arms "are you okay?". "I'll be fine" she answered. Armin was thoroughly shocked that she was smiling. "God your cute" she said, and pulled him into a kiss. "Let's get you back to bed" said Armin. "My legs hurt" Annie said innocently "would you carry me?". Armin's face was rose red. *she's so cute* he thought *I can't stand it!*. He said nothing as he lifted her off the ground and began to walk back into the castle. "Awwww look!" Connie sarcastically remarked "Armin's being a cute boyfriend". Armin smirked and rolled his eyes. With that, they went inside.

"Show me where he hit you" Armin demanded once they were in private. "Armin" Annie groaned "I'm fine". "Please Annie" he begged "just humor me". Annie took off her jacket followed by her shirt, revealing the fist sized bruise on her stomach. "It doesn't hurt that bad" she told him. He pushed her back onto the bed. "Don't you understand?" He growled "I love you, and I want to take care of you, even if you don't think it's necessary". "Armin....." Annie said. She wrapped he arms around his neck and kissed him, her tongue entering his mouth. When he broke away she was out of breath. Armin began kissing her neck causing her to let out a little moan. "A-Armin" she said, causing him to stop. She flipped them upside down in a quick move, so that she was on top. She stripped Armin of his jacket and shirt. "Are you ready?" Annie asked seductively. Not a breath of hesitation escaped him as he answered. "Yes".