𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠

The sad procession wound down the winding roads with flower fields on both sides, but with the sorrow within - the flowers were as good as grey.
The horses neighed in thanks giving with the great towering castle just yards away.

The carriages sorrowed through the castle gates subsequently, complaining and creaking from the long journey back home which was tiring indeed.

The horses were pulled to a halt and people started alighting. Everyone that had taken part in the war, actively or passively now alighted thanking the heavens for favouring them and getting them back home safely.

Even in this deep darkness a dark figure could still be made out at the top of the staircase leading to the door. A figure as cold as the night and as horridly still as death itself, Queen Virginia. She stood still at the door looking at the little crowd of war remnants. A crowd she fully knew her husband was absent from. This thought pulled down a single drop of scorching tears down her cheek, she didnt bother to wipe of.

Everybody was now alighting from the carriages bringing an uneaven melody of 'kreeks' and 'thuds' as luggage got ruthlessly thrown off from the carriages. There was chattering and the sound of feet walking in gravel. The night breeze slithered slowly among the people walking back to their quaters bilowing their cloaks along and stirring leaves on trees around, apart from the tall stationary figure at the doors, The unmoving devil incarnate!

"paul, what seems to be the matter?" Inquired Jerome, who had obviosly noticed the mental absence of his friend and the perplexed face.

"uhm...nothing really...nothing is the matter Jerome... worry not." Paul answered abruptly but also rather confused, feigning a smile to cover up the sorrow on his face from the scrutinid
sing Amber eyed gaze of Jerome- he had always known when paul was lying...just like know.

" life must go on Paul, it is not the end you know" Jerome lectured.
"I know that,...its just that i dont think there could ever be any other to lead as he did, to love and care as he did." Paul said."You understand..-""

" Enough with that paul, it has happened, and now it is what it is, it is now a new beggining for us, and the whole of Dahryn. We shall live with the means and the way of life now, life doesnt stop and things dont get any easier for us, so be tough, not for us, not for anyone else...but for you" .

Jerome said and started walking of gesturing with his hand for paul to follow. They walked towards the carriage with their belongings and found the luggage already unloaded and thrown to the ground, everyone was busy looking for their belongings from the ruble of clothes ,shoes, utensils, left over vegetables and unthinkable rubbish.

"they really dont mind destroying our things do they?"

A servant asked acidly, bending down to retrieve his boots still muttering insults under his breath obviously directing them to the soldiers that had roughly and carelessly offloaded the carriage. 'Uncultured swines!'

 'Uncultured swines!'