the chapel.

The sky was rather dark with numerous grey wooly clouds, the morning was chilly, no, infact it was freezing, and the weather perfectly fitting for this day.
The great front gardens were full of carriages and wagons carrying various last minute supplies to host the great bunch of guests that had arrived to pay their last respect to the king, and witness as he made his very last journey on the face of the earth.

Carriage wheels creaked subsequently as one came and the other chuntered of after dropping the various 'important people' at the door where Maurice -the minister received them and welcomed them in to the castle.

                       ***********

...He quickened his pace and the sound of his fast footsteps resonated from the high vaulted ceiling of the wide hallway.

In his hand,was a broad bronze tray with a steaming teapot and a cup that rattled occasionally due to his fast walking.

He was humming the refrain of a common roundelay he used to sing back in his childhood at the orphanage, - the refrain was the only part of the song he remembered.

As he drew closer to his destination,he couldn't help but feel a little weak at the knees and he felt like his gut had been filled with snow,

He had barely knocked on the door when it flew open to reveal a middle aged, average sized, rotund, totally bald man with animated facial features but with a tense angry mien and his very existence seemed to irritate him.

"It's about time."
He hissed pulling Paul inside the vast chambers and banging the door back to place then fastening the dead bolt.

"You clearly took your time,eh boy?"
He croaked as he rudely snatched the tray from Paul's hands and advanced deeper into the dark room as the curtains were yet to be drawn.

"I must say your guest service here is totally unprofessional! How could you keep such an important guest waiting for his breakfast? Such horrid ignorance!" He added without turning back or breaking stride.

"My sir," Paul started "I wish to remind you that this is a castle and not a regency, and you are attending a funeral not a birthday party! If the service here does truly irritate you, you might as well go and complain to the king who as a matter of fact is dead!" He hissed.

"Do you dare speak to me in such a tone my boy?" The attendant stopped and turned about the same spot he was standing at and looked Paul coldly in the eyes.

"You are such a young-"
"Don't say anymore, I beg of  you,