preparing

The sun had finally woken up and it's gentle rays had begun breaking through the heavy clouds of fog.
The morning was rather sad and no one seemed to be in the Talking spirit, the servants at the vorey castle busied themselves each with their assigned duties and not one raised their head or parted their lips to speak to the other.

This was the last day of preparation for the king's send of ceremony. It had now been eleven days since his death and a tough eleven days it had been. The prime minister of Dahryn - Maurice was the acting king untill the new king was coronated and this minor change of power had proved to be a needle at the bottom of everyone in the castle.

He wanted everything to be done his way and even dismissed the head of servants , claiming that he was incompetent and not fit for his duties.
This led to all the servants avoiding him by all logical costs.
He had established his rule over everyone even the royal family... and it was obvious that everyone really waited for the coronation of the new king.

Robert was seated on the bed in his chamber, holding in his hand a little piece of parchment paper he had found in this very room a week ago, in the paper it was written and clearly stated he was to meet someone down by the cliff, but it turned out it was two people and what they spoke about was deeply unsettling and a grave matter for his youthful brain indeed but he hadn't spoke of this to anyone and he indeed wasn't planning on doing so. It was a secret he was keeping until the very end...or rather, until it suddenly dawned on everyone.
His great mental absence was broken when his door suddenly flew open and in came a sweating panting miserable looking Brian - the messenger.
Robert was deeply agitated by this and he sprang from his bed,
"How many times should I tell you to knock on my door before coming in!!
I am your prince not..."
Robert bursted in anger towards the messenger, but he quickly swallowed his words on seeing how terrified the man was and the look on his face was of deep urgency.
Ingesting back his fury he went on " just tell me what you want and go on your way will you" and he turned to look out his window.
"Thank you sire, I have great news for you...it is also a sort of emergency my Lord" Brian squeaked
"Then get on with it. Stop taking me in circles!!" Robert roared back shuddering the little man.
"Well...I have received an urgent letter from the port, it was sent minutes ago..."

"And!!" Robert interrupted impatiently..

"It says that Lo..LoR..lord Javan the..the..the dignitary from cis..mu..th..cismuth has just docked."
Brian stammered.

"What do you mean to say.. you are obviously blabbering!" Robert turned back in shock

"No sire, I am not. It is true. The verskey CK has just docked and the lord is on board.

"But he is a day early!! Why is he here, we expected all the visitors tommorow not today...we don't have the necessary preparations to host him or his expensive unnecessary fetishes.... Have you informed Maurice on this?" Robert asked with great worry and shock on his face

" Lord Maurice is nowhere to be seen sire... that is why I came to you"

"Mother of God. What am I to do... tell me Brian.!!" Robert panicked going round in circles on his wooden floor.

" Send a carriage and a few guards to receive him from the coast sir... And make the necessary preparations here at the castle before he comes." Brian said

"He won't be spending the night on his ship?" Robert's eyes widened in horror

"No sire, it is said that he hates sea travel and prefers to rest here on land" Brian answered.

"Then what are you waiting for...off we go!" Robert shouted pulling Brian behind him as he left his chamber.