SEVEN

——— HAYDEN HAD NEVER BEEN so infuriated walking into school that Friday morning as she grumbled to herself with a stomp, aggressively weaving her way through the halls until she reached Mollie's locker that had been, conveniently, right across the hall from hers.

The blonde girl wasn't fond of getting detention the other day- and she definitely wasn't fond to come home and find out her brother had lied his way out of it. He played the hockey player card again, much to her dismay, by saying he had a game to practice for- which he didn't. He definitely didn't because she had been informed by Charlie Conway that season games didn't start until later in the year. This didn't cause a good scene at home when she finally came to face her twin.

The boy was grinning as always with such a prideful face that she wanted to rip it off him. And the cherry on top was the current morning Hayden had just experienced. Out of all the bathrooms in the house, out of all places Emeroy Burke could've used, he decided to clog Hayden's toilet right before she went in— and when she tried to use his bathroom, he already occupied it. She wouldn't even bother with Grayson because she knows he spends every waking hour staring at himself through the mirrors. So utterly, she could do absolutely nothing, and it was all Emeroy's fault; again.

"I'm going to kill my brother," Hayden huffed out as she let herself fall back to lean on the lockers beside Mollie's, startling the girl as she jumped at the loud noise of the clashing metal.

"Oh hello to you," Mollie hopped, raising her eyebrows in surprise as she held her chest to calm down, "what's up?"

Hayden had a bored and cold look on her face as she cast a glance at her, frowning. "My brother. I hate him."

"That's nothing new," Mollie chuckled with a light breath. The brunette girl cast a glance at her best friend as she leaned back with her eyes shut, steadying her temper. She shut her locker before turning to her, "what did Emeroy do this time?"

Hayden pursed her lips as she peered over, clenching her jaw before pushing herself off the wall in an eager manner. "Yesterday- in chemistry- you can't tell me he shouldn't have gotten detention."

"No, he definitely should have. And he did," Mollie nodded with a shrug, "what's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that he didn't, Molls," Hayden stated, "remember? He was excused."

"Well because he had practice-"

"Because he's a hockey player," Hayden corrected, emphasising her words thoroughly. She scowled as she spoke, anger in her hazel eyes as she clenched her fist around her backpack strap until her knuckles started turning white, "they get away with everything- I'm sick of it."

"So do you," Mollie debated, "-or you could."

"Yeah. I could. But I don't," Hayden huffed, "they take advantage of it and it's not fair."

Mollie De Loughrey's face fell red, looking down at her shoes in guilt as she played around with her fingers. She hoped it would go unnoticed by the blonde girl in front of her, but it didn't unfortunately. Hayden watched as Mollie avoided eye contact, mumbling to herself as she shrugged. "Well I don't know, Hayds, they aren't all that bad..."

Denny furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head at her best friends contradiction. "They get everything handed to them on a silver platter, Mollie! How are you arguing with me right now?"

"I'm not arguing with you, Denny, I'm just saying..." Mollie sucked in a deep breath, peering up hesitantly to meet Hayden's eyes. She bit the inside of her cheek, "you hold such a grudge on them when it really makes no sense why you hate them at all..."