chapter 5 ✨

• Casandra •

After the scenario with Caitlyn, I go to Math class and sit in the very back of the classroom. I wipe my tears away and check my eyeliner in my little compact mirror. I stare at the board, my feet flat on the ground, with an expressionless face and a notebook open to a clean page.

Then I hear a sigh, and heavy footsteps. And in comes the new kid, Ashton. He looks at me with his mouth ajar, then looks away and sits in the front right corner of the class.

I frown, then shrug, as the late bell rings and everyone pours in, sitting as far away from me as possible. The usual.

"Good morning class," says Ms. Ducharme, the Math teacher. "I want you all to take out your textbook, open to page 210, and finish all the review problems from yesterday. You have 10 minutes."

Everyone but me takes out their textbooks, and the majority of them only finish one problem, then start socializing. I, of course, just sit there and do nothing but listen to my emergency playlist. Its always high enough that I can't even hear the teacher yelling at me.

I'm dozing off, until Ashton gets up and looks like he's asking the teacher something. He then walks over to the back where I'm sitting, then sits beside me. I look over at him, and he gives me a small smile. I nod, and turn back around.

The bell finally rings after 40 minutes, and I get up taking my time to grab my stuff. As I'm walking to the door, Ms. Ducharme stops me and I sigh. Here comes another lecture.

"Ms. Doiron, I hope your aware that your failing this class, and you haven't done a single thing - "

"Its because I don't care,"  I say interrupting her. "Why do any of the assignments, when I'm just gonna give up after 5 minutes and say 'fuck this shit'? Theres no point!" I shout with my arms in the air.

"This is the last time I'm telling you, Casandra. Get at least half of it done, and you might pass with a 70. But I guess you really mean it when you say you don't care. Get to your next class." She says walking away.

I sigh and drag on to second period, completely ignoring Ashton who was right beside me.