【Chapter 2】

❝ 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮! ❞  

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Walking out of the house and locking the door behind her (Y/n) glanced down at her uniform and groaned. 'Whoever made these... are perverts.' (Y/n) thought distastefully. Hearing a door open and close (Y/n) quickly looked over at her next-door neighbor, Light. 

"Light-Kun! Good morning!" (Y/n) cheerfully greeted him as some other students came out of their homes. Light looked over at the smiling (Y/n) and sighed, "Good morning to you, too, (Y/n)." Light greeted her back and walked to the side-walk, back to her. 

(Y/n) ran over to him and patted Ryuk's back as a sign of greeting before finally being beside Light. "So, Highschool? Have any pointers?" (Y/n) asked him, taking out a strawberry lollipop and licking it. Light glanced over at her and nodded, "To them, it's all about the looks." Light answered her, his eyes flashing a dark red. 

(Y/n) saw this and snickered, "Lighty-boo is already experiencing the backlash of having a death note with your mental thinking, huh?" (Y/n) whispered to him, giggling at the end. Light blushed shyly and glared at her. "'Lighty-boo'? What kind of nickname is that?" Light asked her, the view of the school appearing ahead of them.

"Thought it would make all the other girls jealous if I called you that, so why not? Besides, I wish to see more on how humans react because of their emotions." (Y/n) informed him, her eyes slightly glazed over before feeling the big hand of Ryuk pat her head. 

"Good morning, my yeobo." Ryuk greeted her in a slightly happy tone. (Y/n) nodded her head subtly before continuing smiling at Light like they were long-time best friends. "Yeobo? Doesn't that mean 'darling' in Korean?" Light asked him, a little venom in his voice. 

Ryuk and (Y/n) nodded their head in agreement. "One day we decided to treat each other as if we were 'married' like you humans do just to pass the time, so I guess the nicknames stuck after a while." (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders in little interest as the three went into the school grounds. 

Light nodded his head feeling as something little just sprouted from his dying heart.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ---- •°*"˜.•°*"˜

The class was about to start as (Y/n) waved goodbye to Light and Ryuk before they walked into the classroom, them almost being late due to (Y/n) and Ryuk wishing to taste some of these 'vending machine' eatables. 

Standing outside the classroom door (Y/n) waited for the teacher to call her in, clear boredom swimming around her blank (E/c) eyes. "Today, class, we have received a new student. Please, come in." The old man's tired voice called her in.