Melomaniac

Sunny and Basil were good people. Unfortunately, Mari wasn't.

___________________________________________________

In a small little town called Faraway Town, there lived a gifted child named MARI. However, Mari wasn't a good person. The perfect one they all thought she was. Behind the book cover, she was a witch.

And she was a nasty one too, she spends all day playing piano just to make herself look more perfect. Of course, music wasn't the only thing she excelled in. To mention just some of the things the Mari girl had accomplished, she was the most popular girl in school, all of the boys and girls envied her charm and charisma~~ With all of the boys (along with a few girls) falling completely under the spell of her flowing dark hair and sparkling eyes, it was clear that somebody at least half of her status to become her partner.

So she chose a boy named Henry, an earnest and promising young man with grades similar to herself to be her lover. Kind and charismatic, almost on the scale of Mari, he was given the prestigious nickname "HERO". Although the two had never really talked excluding the occasional greetings they exchanged, it was effortless for Mari to get closer to him. In no time, Hero was head over heels for the girl, and the rest is history.

Mari also, of course, had straight A(s) in every subject, and if there was any sort of extra credit or practice she would have it done the second it was distributed. She often participated in community service, and she had a (outwards) perfect, sweet personality. She really was perfect. 

Contrary to her brother, the imperfect one. They named him "SUNNY".

Sunny was never excelling in anything, (other than being imperfect and stupid) he was just okay. Nothing special. He would commonly get the classic "Why can't you be like your big sister? Why can't you be like your big sister?" when he got less than a 90 on a test. He one day picked up drawing, which he turned out to be very good at. But it was just help for Mari to take over and become perfect at just another subject.

One day, the imperfect one managed to get himself a friend. His name was "BASIL". Sunny and Basil were close, maybe too close. Mari didn't like it. Could the two be... happier than her? It wasn't fair. It wasn't right. She was perfect, they were not. She should get the most happiness out of anybody in Faraway. Though, for the time being, she had to be nice to them.

Unbeknownst to Mari and others, Sunny had started to have romantic feelings for Basil. His soft blonde hair, his beautiful blue eyes, the sincere(?) smile he always wore on his face... And vice versa, Basil had  always admired Sunny's soft and soothing voice, and his hypnotic eyes that looked merely a shade away from being pitch black, and his quiet personality, and-

Mari figured that it was time to boost her S-tier perfect status once again. She would make lemonade for the two (good-for-nothings) boys, and make a big deal out of it, so the others would notice. Making a big deal without actually making a big deal, of course. She wouldn't want to seem dramatic. She'd go into the living room, and ask Hero how much sugar would need to be put in it, mentioning that she was making it for Sunny and Basil. It would surely boost her divine status. She went up to Sunny's room with the lemonade, and that's where she caught them.

For a moment, all three were frozen. Mari had caught Sunny and Basil kissing. Their bright red faces staring at her. Mari staring back. One of them opened their mouth to say something, but no sound was made. It wouldn't have mattered anyways. She set the lemonade down on Sunny's nightstand, and left the room. She lightly smiled to herself, not in good regards for Sunny though.

That's where it started. Mari would torment Sunny, (when nobody was listening) every day. There was nothing Sunny could do about it. Sunny's parent's were oblivious to his relationship with Basil, but extremely homophobic. Every time Sunny tried to negotiate with her, it was the same quote every time. "You wouldn't want me to tell Mom and Dad about you and Basil, would you?" Sunny needed food, water, shelter, and he needed Basil after all, he couldn't argue with Mari. They wouldn't believe what Sunny had to say if Mari did decide to tell his parents, Mari was the perfect one after all. And the perfect one was supposed to have everything, she figured. Every dollar of allowance, stuffed and unstuffed toy, and even the pieces of candy Sunny recieved from time to time, Mari took. Sunny hid his drawing book when Mari was there. He couldn't lose that. It was all he had other than his boyfriend, Basil, at that point. Speaking of which, Mari didn't like seeing Sunny and Basil together that much either way, not giggling, not drawing, not seeing them near each other in all. But she couldn't tell on them, not yet.

Mari decided to take up a local recital one day, it would boost her perfect status once more, but she needed an assist who knew how to play violin. Hero was too busy with studies. Aubrey didn't know how to play violin. Kel was... kel. Basil? Disgusting. The only person left was Sunny, who she blackmailed again into participating. The only problem was that Sunny didn't know how to play violin either. She was the perfect one though, she could teach the imperfect one at least one skill, right? Wrong. Mari couldn't do much other than insult him and tell him to follow the instructions better. It has already been 2 weeks, the recital was happening in less than 48 hours.

"Sunny," Mari would begin, as Sunny was about to head down the stairs.  She's had enough of Sunny's ignorance. It's time to pull her trump card once again. "The recital is soon, and you haven't learned a thing. Can't you do anything useful for once?" Sunny stood still, violin in his hands. He wanted to say something, but his mouth was zipped close. "Oh, classic. Don't say anything, just stand there looking all innocent and scared. It won't work this time, Sunny." Sunny still said nothing. He was starting to get stressed out. "You know the deal. If you mess up the recital, I'll tell Mom and Dad about your little relationship with Ba-

Suddenly in a deft movement, Sunny smashed the violin onto Mari's head, causing her to fall over. 

...

She took the hard way down.