❪ one. ❫ new assistances

"kennedy, kennedy, kennedy! get up!" daniel groaned, shaking his sister awake, before earning a groan from the girl.

"leave me alone, five more minutes," kennedy complained, as she shuffled in her sleep before daniel continued shoving her, before she sat up from her sleeping position.

"what, daniel?" kennedy growled, fixing her messy morning hair, before tasting her gross morning breath in her mouth.

"mom said to get up, we're meeting up with the warrens today," daniel informs as kennedy covered her face with her hands before she let out a sigh.

"alright, alright, tell mom, i'll be ready in about ten minutes," kennedy told the boy as daniel gave her nod before running out of the young adult's room, into the kitchen. 

people would say by her age, she'd already be out of her childhood house and got a job. well, i mean, kennedy had a small job as a waitress every weekend, but, she didn't go to college, or moved out of her mom's place and she was fine with it and so was her mother. 

...

"that was more than ten minutes," daniel teased, looking at his watch, smirking, before kennedy gave the boy a glare before rolling her eyes.

"well, i said ABOUT ten minutes anyways," kennedy smirked before sticking her tongue out towards her brother before earning one back from him.

"since you're finally out, let's go. the warrens are expecting us," amara mentions, grabbing her keys and purse, while her children grabbed their bags and items as they headed towards their car to the warren household.

...

"ed, lorraine?" amara called, opening the door to the warren house with the key that lorraine gave the family for any safety reasons.

"in the kitchen!" they heard a voice as the garcias made their way into the kitchen, seeing the warrens sitting with a man, similar to kennedy's age.

kennedy glanced at the guy, who stood up making his way towards the garcia family. 

"uh, hi, i'm drew. drew thomas. i'm loraine and ed's new assistant," drew smiled, shaking the elder woman's hand and then moving over to kiss the hand of kennedy, who just shot the guy a smile.

"hello drew, i'm amara, this is my daughter, kennedy, and this is-" amara tried introducing before being stopped by her young son.

"i'm daniel, nice to meet you, drew," daniel smiled, shaking drew's hand as drew chuckled, before glancing towards kennedy.

"kennedy, huh? that's a nice name," drew comments, shooting a small wink at the girl as she slightly smirked.

"thanks. drew's not such a bad name, i guess," she playfully shrugged, earning a small laugh from drew and snicker from daniel.

"oh yeah, daniel, judy's in the living room watching some television if you want to know," ed informed as daniel nodded before heading to the living room, as the adults sat in the kitchen.

...

"so, tell me about yourself, drew," kennedy smiled, as the two walked along the street, getting to know each other.

"what do you wanna know?" drew asked, slightly smiling, fixing his sunglasses that he had on, looking at kennedy who had stole his other pair and continued to wear it.

"well, what's your favorite color? favorite book? can you dance?" she asked, before letting out a small laugh.

"uh, well, first off, my favorite color is orange..." drew replies, chuckling.

"orange? like plain basic orange, 70's retro orange, or like sunset orange," the girl questioned, before the boy gave her a disbelieving look.

"there's more than one orange?" the young adult laughed, as kennedy shrugged.

"i mean, yeah," she shrugged in response.

"um, i guess sunset orange," drew nods, as kennedy looked up the boy with an approving nod before drew continued speaking, "to answer you two other questions, i actually like reading, i actually started recently reading this book called 'to kill a mockingbird', it's pretty interesting..."

"and the last question?" kennedy questioned, before drew chuckled, looking down at his feet.

"can i dance? well....that depends," drew smirked.

"what does 'that depends' supposed to mean?" kennedy teased.

"i dance better with a partner," drew smiled, before looking at the girl, noticing she was already looking at him, causing her to smile.

"anyways...what about you?" drew questioned, as he finished his talking and wanting to know more about kennedy.

"um, well, since i was a kid, i was obsessed with the color lavendar, my favorite books are the outsiders and gone with the wind, but i can never find gone with the wind for some reason, which is very odd, and i guess i can dance but not the best," kennedy answers as drew nod.

"wow, very interesting, miss kennedy garcia," drew teased.

"not so bad yourself, mr drew thomas," kennedy chuckled.

authors note : purr, finally posted chapter one! if you are actually reading, thank you so much and i literally appreciate you so much. i swear there's only like a couple of drew fics and most of them are not yet completed so i just decided to make once cuz why not? thank u for the support and more chapters will be posted soon, stay safe!!