Chapter 6

Tommy's dreams weren't filled with horror that night. In fact, he didn't dream at all. Even if he had dreamt, he didn't remember his dreams, even as he rose from bed, stretching his stiff wings. light fluttered through the now open blinds. Tommy sat up, looking out the window curiously. He hadn't had a glimpse of his outside surroundings, so he was surprised when he saw the snow, the mountains, even the far-away forest. Tommy pulled off his blankets, eager to go explore, to give his legs a workout after the days he'd must have spent inside.

He presumed it was days at least.

It was painful to move, he realised, wincing, a burning running up his back. He tried not to think too much about what Dream did to him, it made him anxious, made his chest feel tight. The fear the plagued his mind would come back at full force.

Which was strange. I'm not scared of Dream-he's-he's my friend.

Letting out a small sigh and shaking his head, he painfully climbed down the ladder, tucking in his wings tightly. They were hard to move, and felt heavy, so it as an effort.

The level down was another room, a bed pushed to the far corner, posters strewn over the walls. There was another ladder, which made Tommy sigh. He climbed down it anyway, despite the pain that burned through his back once again.

The bottom floor was also nice, Tommy realised. Techno had always had an eye for design. Two leather couches sat around a big, stone furnace, an arm chair pushed against the large, thick-paned window. A small kitchen was hidden over the other side, a few plants hanging from the ceiling. Tommy noticed the trap door, and he supposed it led down to some sort of basement.

He looked around, wondering where his family Technoblade and Phil were. For a moment, he thought they'd left him, but he relaxed when he noticed the outline of Phil, up in the sky. He was flying, probably hunting, for some food. It was a nice day, the sun shining high in the sky. A good day for hunting.

Tommy then took notice of how much snow really surrounded them. White fields of it, covering every bare surface, the trees, the ground. There were a few soft green patches among the white, where a few singular purple flowers poked through, offering close to the only colour speckled over the land. It would be cold out there, Tommy knew, which made him a little thankful for the fired-up furnace in the corner of the room. It was on, and admitting heat, making the room comfortably warm.

Tommy looked down at his clothes, his silken pants soft against his legs, his top comfortable, but old. He looked around, shrugging on the coat he found discarded over the sofa. It was a black coat, probably Phil's, although it held no scent. He then spotted his torn-up shoes, and he pulled them on, despite the holes in the soles and the snapped shoelaces.

Once he thought he was ready, he opened the front door, shocked by the icy breeze that blew through, making his shiver. The tundra was colder than it looked at times.

Phil spotted him as he waded into the snow, leaving a trail from the front door. He waved, eyes glancing once again over the state of the younger wings. Pushing away the guilt that swelled in his stomach, he kept flying, watching out for any signs of food, or even any signs of someone who was looking for Tommy. That someone, by what Phil had heard, being Dream. Thankfully, Dream's green figure would be easy to spot against the blinding white of the snow.

Unless he had invis pots.

Phil pushed the thought from his mind.

Tommy didn't bother waving back to the man. He continued his trek into the snow. Where he was going, he didn't know. He just needed some fresh air.

"Tommy. It's good to see you out of bed." Tommy was startled by the monotone voice. He looked over, Technoblade was standing by Carl, smoothing out the horse's mane with a brush. Carl huffed, his beady black eyes looking in Tommy's direction.