Chapter 1 : Smartest guy in the room

The last thing I remember is being knocked out by a big guy who actually happened to be supposedly best friend, Jayesh Malhotra.

Honestly, he's going to be my greatest foe of my life for the stuff he did to me, as soon as I..

SPLASHHHH

A sudden splash of water woke me up.
"Arghhh.." I protested. My vision was blur and.. red ? Wait, did they scrap off eyelids ?

I winced 2 or more times to ensure it wasn't so. I looked around and realised that it were the lights that were red, surroundings too ofcourse.

"STOP LOOKING AROUND !!!", Someone ordered. I tried to focus my vision on him.

No, Sorry. It was more like 'her'. It sounded more like a female. "GET UP!!", she said. I'd no option either ways. So here we go.

"Good" She hummed.

"Why am I here ?", I asked.
"Patience, Mr. Omkar Jamadar."
"Atleast, get my handcuffs off", I requested.

"GET HIM FREE", She scrowled. I felt better as my hands got the freedom they needed.

How long do I have to wait?" I asked "Any hurry, Mr. Omkar?", She asked rather rudely.

"Yes. I've an important meeting in..."
"Mr. Omkar, I would like to inform you that you no longer... exist", she interrupted.

"What ?! Am I dead ? So, where am I heaven? seems more like Hell based upon the lighting ? Is this what they call, the after.."

"Mr. Omkar, You are alive...", she interrupted again. "You are dead, but for the outside world only."

"Do you know what the ..", I was gonna say but..
"Mr. Omkar...", She cut shot me again.

"Stop interrupting me. Let me finish my sentences", I yelled as I came near her. My vision was clear now. I could see her now. She did look pretty good not gonna lie.

"Mr. Omkar, I expect my workers to be patient & polite..", she said. I felt some lasers pointed over my whole body
"...or I have other ways too", she continued.

Damn I'm screwed. "Ma'am, we've got the message." A person came out of nowhere, towards her with a disc-like thing.

She moved some gears & pushed some buttons on it. & some light popped out of it. A crimson light. The light flickered for sometime & formed a head like structure

"Wait, wait, wait... 3-D holograms? You kidding me ? Where are we ? the future ?", I exclaimed.

''Shut this man up...", she ordered. Soon, I felt my hands locked as another device on my mouth stopped me from any facial movement.

"We're still in 2014, Mr. Omkar", She said as she resumed the hologram. It was Jayesh's head - but a virtual one. If it would have been real, I would've wrecked it up already. Ofcourse, because of him, I was here.

"I hope, Omkar satisfies your needs. Consider this a gift from my behalf. But don't make him overdo things. After all, he's very fragile", the hologram Jayesh said.

She handed over the disc to that man again. "Tell him, I liked the gift ", She told him. I tried to speak and protest, but I couldn't move much.

"GET HIM TO THE LATERAL CELL WITH THE OTHER INMATES", She ordered. Someone took hand and injected it with something. "Mmmm", I just said. I felt my nervew loose, my body became weightless. In a few seconds. I was on the floor...

Everything went pitch black. "Omkar. Omkar ?",'a soft voice echoed in my head. "Is that you Dad?", my mind asked.

"Yes, it is me" the voice said back. "Son, I'd told you never to trust anyone blindly... It's the same mistake I'd done.. and you know I faced its consequences too." The voice continued to say.

"Sorry. Dad, I repeated this mistake too.. But Dad, please save me... save me " my voice faded away.

"Arrrgghh", I exclaimed as I felt being pushed against the ground. I opened my eyes. I was in a cell - A jail basically. I was surrounded by dozens of other people.

I stood up and went to one of the corners where most of the people were talking. "Hi", I said. The people around me stared at me now. "Let me guess. You all are some smart geniuses that got betrayed by your best friend to end up here ?", I asked rather casually.

"No, kid. We are professional killers". One of the men said as he revealed the scars on his arm. "The smart ones don't make it here."

Thinking of it,
Jayesh used to tell me that usually wherever I go, I'm always the smartest one in the room.

I used to like it too.
But right now if you asked me, I hated it.