Chapter 6: Waiting...

Author's note: It's been 2 years since I've written a new chapter, so let me know what you think of this one. 

The ride home after the audition seemed so long. I was going over every little thing in my head, Did Dan and I have enough chemistry during the pas de deux? Was my dancing stale? It probably was. Oksana Griegorieva has  probably seen a million girls just like me. I must be nothing special to her. 

I continued to fill my head with negative thoughts of this genre, eventually convincing my self I had no chance whatsoever of attending the program. 

My dad broke into my thoughts, "Sweetie, do you want to go to Nashuro for sushi tonight? You deserve a treat."

"Um, sure dad. I love Nashuro!" I replied, my mind focusing on something other than what was, (in my opinion) the worst audition of my life. 

We had dinner at Nashuro, and it was delicious. I got into a lively debate about the upcoming provincial election with my dad (I  am actually fascinated by politics). 

The evening blended into the morning, with all of the following days moulding together. I had one thing, and one thing only on my mind. 

The Letter

The letter that would ultimately determine my future as a dancer