Chapter 16: Stellaris Ghost

The kids are in a storage room, the door of the room was locked. Saber locked them inside and prevent any questions.

Harith banged on the door helplessly.

"Stop it Harith, you know there is no way out!" Nana shouted.

Harith swiveled to face the little leonin. "Look, at least I tried."

"Yes, but it's not helping."

Harith grunted and settled his head on the door.

Everyone was still traumatized about Harley's death and they stood in silence for a moment. Some of them closed their eyes and pleaded quietly that it's all a dream, while the others just tried not to let any tears loose.

But Harith failed. He quickly wiped them before anyone noticed.

"He couldn't be gone could he?" Lylia said through sniffles.

"I hope not." Harith sighed. "All we need is a miracle."

The door of the room burst open and everyone screamed. There at the doorway, was their last hope.

🧊

Harley's eyes fluttered open. Darkness caught his eyes. He was lying down on a tiled floor (Not that he can tell) of the mysterious place. He got up immediately grimaced. Pain responded to everything and he lay back down.

Heal, My staff.

Harley grasped around the darkness and tried to find his staff while lying down. But all he felt was smooth yet cold tiles. He recalled the dream he had, so he closed his eyes and concentrated on one word: Heal.

He felt his pain all go away slowly and the warmth returning to his cheeks. Harley got up, eyes wide open. He was in a room with things that connected with funerals. A bed was tucked in the corner of the room and he was in the middle of the room. He went to the light switch which he spotted and switched it on.

He groaned.

He was in a mortuary.

How big is this building??

Something caught his eye. He swiveled and found a sniper rifle that had a rainbow tint to it. As soon as he touched the rifle, it disappeared. He blinked. Then he felt a touch on his right shoulder.

Harley swiveled and saw Lesley holding the giant rifle. He gasped.

"Stellaris ghost, remember?" she winked.

Harley sighed with a smile. Half of him wished he was alone.

"Okay, let's go." Harley opened the door, then slammed it. "I forgot, securities."

Lesley snorted. "They cannot see me, so I'll help you to get to your friends."

Harley nodded. He wrapped the knob with his hand but didn't twist it.

"Is something wrong?" asked Lesley who noticed his discomfort.

Harley shook his head, then opened the door. "Let's go."

Both of them hurried down the hall, Lesley leading the way, even though she doesn't know where to go." She looked left and right for a sign that someone was coming or nearby, then she realized-

"A security camera." she groaned at the camera at the ceiling.

"Then we have no time to lose, let's go!"

Footsteps.

"Someone's coming down the hall!" she hissed. 

Harley tensed.